This topic has been reported for inappropriate content

This topic contains 2,648 replies, has 43 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of  Anonymous 4 years, 6 months ago.

Viewing 20 posts - 461 through 480 (of 2,649 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of
    Anonymous Member since: January 1, 1970

When I built the widebody twin turbo V8 240Z …

Pics in here or ban!!!!

Built in the very late 80’s..

Profile photo of VRSenator065
    VRSenator065
    Participant
    • Adelaide SA
    • VR Senator LSx454 1960 Kombi (project) 1921 Nash Hot Rod (future project)

• View build HERE
    Supporter

Looks beautiful, I grew up with a guy down the road having a 240 with a 350 sbc in it, dad had a boulevard cruiser 280 for a while.  Details of yours?  Any driveline pics?

Profile photo of

Looks beautiful, I grew up with a guy down the road having a 240 with a 350 sbc in it, dad had a boulevard cruiser 280 for a while. Details of yours? Any driveline pics?

Thanks!

Yep, it was a 3.4L Toyota Hemi V8, I built it up with 6.5:1 Custom Mahle Pistons, made my own Billet Roller Cam that I had Crow grind to my specs, Ford Roller lifters good springs and all the usual go fast parts including O-Ringing the Block, ran a pair of Hi Flow To4B’s on it at 30 Psi with Methanol injection and twin 2: SU Carbs, this was back before “cheap: intercoolers hence the low static compression.

Steel case Celica 5 Speed that I spent many hours deburring and stress relieving every single component, I used an R200 Diff with Custom adaptors to run CV Axles, 120L Fuel tank divided into 100L Petrol and 20L Methanol, 4” Sidepipes made my own headers, Body was 150mm wider all mods done in steel, only thing I didn’t do on the car was stitch the interior, had a mate do that for me!

VRSenator065
    Participant
    • Adelaide SA

• View build HERE
    Supporter

Wow, just wow!! :good:   :good:   :good:

Profile photo of

Wow, just wow!!

It was a fun toy back then and changed a LOT of the Local Holden/Ford guys minds after a quick ride in it :XD:

——–

Today!

Just been into Town to collect my Toggle switches for the Electric windows, just easier to mount than the stock VR switches, will go down shortly and make a start on the ABS/TRAC Wiring…

Profile photo of

Today End!

Ta Daaaaa
    One Main Body Harness with the Correct ends as needed!
    Thanks to GMH Lazy engineers it was MUCH easier than expected as all the wires needed were on both Harnesses just with different connectors!

I was able to Depin the 4 large wires but from past experience with the Tonner I know the small wires aren’t happy being removed from the main connector so I cut and spliced them.

Profile photo of Chris (agentcrm)
    Chris (agentcrm)
    Participant
    Supporter

That old Dato is awesome, I wonder if it’s still around?

Profile photo of

That old Dato is awesome, I wonder if it’s still around?

Sadly no it came to a horrible end Chris…

VRSenator065
    Participant
    • Adelaide SA

• View build HERE
    Supporter

^and from what I understand not only did the car came to a horrible end, the driver almost did too :)

• This reply was modified 8 years, 8 months ago by Profile photo of VRSenator065 VRSenator065.
    Profile photo of

^and from what I understand not only did the car came to a horrible end, the driver almost did too :)

I stubbed my toe :yes:

Chris (agentcrm)
    Participant
    Supporter

ah, crap. Well you did a good job of that one, glad you’re still around & playing with cars.

Profile photo of

ah, crap. Well you did a good job of that one, glad you’re still around & playing with cars.

Thanks Chris, happy to still be here :XD:

VRSenator065
    Participant
    • Adelaide SA

• View build HERE
    Supporter

And so are we :good: , this is one of the coolest/most interesting Commodore build going I reckon!

Profile photo of firebug
    firebug
    Participant

And so are we , this is one of the coolest/most interesting Commodore build going I reckon!

This!!^^

Nothing ruins your Friday more than realising it's only Tuesday...

Profile photo of

And so are we , this is one of the coolest/most interesting Commodore build going I reckon!

Thanks Gary, don’t know about coolest but it’s something “different” which is really hard in the Commodore world as it’s all been done before!

This!!^^

Thanks Bug :XD:

————–

Today End!

Got the Main Body loom in at last, during the week I’ll make up a mount for the Fuse Boxes and clip the Loom up properly, side note something I forgot to mention was when I first started this project it was heading in a very different direction Electronics wise so I used a stock VR steering column, not a huge hassle but now I’m using VZ Electricals/Electronics for simplicity I needed VZ Switch gear, Wipers Indicators Headlights, huge bonus thanks to GMH Lazy engineering department was instead of having to use a VZ Column the VZ parts just clip in exactly the same as VR!!

Profile photo of

Today p.s

Went down to measure up for the Split tubing… had a “fiddle” while I was there and wired up the Windscreen Wiper Motor, another win for GMH/Lazy, wiring is the same just different connector and grommet, chopped the old one off threaded the VR grommet on and crimped new terminals on, Job Done!

Chris (agentcrm)
    Participant
    Supporter

Lazy engineering does have advantages. :D

I love the Porsche engineers, changes from 996 to 997 seems to be head & tail lights.

VRSenator065
    Participant
    • Adelaide SA

• View build HERE
    Supporter

Porches philosophy is they only change something if they can improve it. Not change for changes sake. Hard to argue with that :)

Profile photo of

Yep so far it’s been full of little surprises I thought I’d have to reengineer!

Profile photo of

Today End!

Engine Bay wiring 98% finished, Fuse box mounted, the Muppets that supplied the Engine Fans sent the wrong ones, I didn’t notice till now so well after the 30 day return period…

Will have to have a look at the 5 Wire relay set up and see if I can make it run the 2 fans, won’t have dual speed but that’s no real loss..

Viewing 20 posts - 461 through 480 (of 2,649 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.