This topic has been reported for inappropriate content

This topic contains 2,648 replies, has 43 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of  Anonymous 4 years, 6 months ago.

Viewing 20 posts - 241 through 260 (of 2,649 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of VRSenator065
    VRSenator065
    Participant
    • Adelaide SA
    • VR Senator LSx454 1960 Kombi (project) 1921 Nash Hot Rod (future project)

• View build HERE
    Supporter

Btw, coz race car, have you considered going to an Astra electric power steering pump.  I have been told engine driven ones dont particularly like sitting at high revs for extended periods?  I am going to go to one one day i think.

Profile photo of
    Anonymous Member since: January 1, 1970

Btw, coz race car, have you considered going to an Astra electric power steering pump. I have been told engine driven ones dont particularly like sitting at high revs for extended periods? I am going to go to one one day i think.

I have one sitting in my storage shed, Even redid the Belt run to delete the engine pump at one stage, decided it was fixing a problem that wasn’t there and went back to the mechanical pump as it was going to mean a new Alternator at a bare minimum..

If you want it $100+ postage, I’ll throw in a bag of fittings I got with it!

VRSenator065
    Participant
    • Adelaide SA

• View build HERE
    Supporter

If you want it $100+ postage, I’ll throw in a bag of fittings I got with it! 

I reckon I might take you up on that!  Will send you a pm :good:

VRSenator065
    Participant
    • Adelaide SA

• View build HERE
    Supporter

Btw that’s quite a different belt set up to mine i guess coz  of the blower.  I am running an electric water pump, so be nice if I could come up with some very simple alternator drive, and that would be it for the front of the engine.

Profile photo of Edelbrock1
    Edelbrock1
    Participant

Dude you planning on doing the Fink river race

Would LOVE to build a car for that! (just don’t have the budget so this is my version)

Righto…  If you do race the fink.  I am navigator OK??

Profile photo of

Btw that’s quite a different belt set up to mine i guess coz of the blower. I am running an electric water pump, so be nice if I could come up with some very simple alternator drive, and that would be it for the front of the engine.

I’m sure we could come up with something fairly simple to run just the alternator!

Dude you planning on doing the Fink river race

Would LOVE to build a car for that! (just don’t have the budget so this is my version)

Righto… If you do race the fink. I am navigator OK??

LOL Brave man! B-)

Profile photo of Edelbrock1
    Edelbrock1
    Participant

Serious.  :)

I always wanted to do it on a bike.  But too old for that now.  So if I ever get the chance to do it in a buggy/car I would be there in a flash.

Profile photo of

Serious. :) I always wanted to do it on a bike. But too old for that now. So if I ever get the chance to do it in a buggy/car I would be there in a flash.

Yeah same, Bike or a Quad… almost bought one when I moved here but figured I’d end up a quad so gave it a miss ! :-(

Profile photo of cava454
    cava454
    Supporter

Mate got more photos on the coolers mounting? whats this article ur talking about?

Profile photo of

Mate got more photos on the coolers mounting? whats this article ur talking about?

Not really just the ones I posted, it was a tech article on the Mocal site about mounting coolers, I learned a few things from it like not having an air gap between the cooler and the radiator is a very good thing as the ambient air between disrupts flow and that it makes 0 difference which way up the cooler is mounted!

Profile photo of cava454
    cava454
    Supporter

Was it basically zip ties lol?

Profile photo of

Was it basically zip ties lol?

These things>>

Profile photo of cava454
    cava454
    Supporter

Ahh they look wickid.  Where can I get em from.

Profile photo of

Ahh they look wickid. Where can I get em from.

Bought mine from these guys, dirt cheap and  fast on shipping!

(keep in mind this is for 2x sets)

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/GPI-2-Universal-JDM-Electric-Radiator-Fan-Mount-Mounting-kit-Strap-Tie-fans-/271652057446

Profile photo of

Today End!

Made a bracket to hold the Intercooler Electric Pump so it’s not hanging off the bottom of the plastic tank.

Profile photo of

Today End!

Made a start on the Fuel system layout today, 8L surge tank has 2x 460 Walbros in it along with tank foam (remembered to upgrade it to Ethanol safe foam this time), Tsunami pump is on rubber isolators, not so much for noise more to save it from Shocks and Vibrations on big hits..

Profile photo of

Today!

My Club is having a 2 day event this weekend, I was going to go and spectate till I saw the weather forecast for the 2 days… Warm/Sunny, very rare this time of year and probably the last 2 nice days we’ll get…

Dilemma: I need to paint the Interior and Engine bay and for that I need warmish days… bugger, made the Trans cooler hoses then dropped the Drivetrain and stripped the Engine bays and Interior then did some roughNready prep work, beauty of “race car” and even better “autocross car” is I don’t have to get all OCD on it, blew the last coat of primer on the interior primed and base coated the bay and just waiting till I can blow the Clear over it so having a bite to eat!

I’ll do the top coat on the interior tomorrow.

Profile photo of

Today End!

Got the Clear done fairly quickly, made a judgement call on the Temp and how many hours till the Sun went down, just scraped getting the Interior Top coat done, just leaves the Black to do on the Aluminium tomorrow!

Profile photo of

Today End!

Productive day, got to drive the Evo8 I built the engine for last year, he got it tuned and it’s making 307AWKW, fast car but man that Torque Steer… took it for a run out to my car club and spectated for a bit then headed home as it was warm enough to start painting the parts I’d prepped earlier.

Finished off the Engine Bay and Boot and Blacked out all the Tin work and side scoops, also blacked out the Body where the Scoops will live to continue the window frames.

Profile photo of Kroozer
    Kroozer
    Participant
    Supporter

Been Busy Busy  :yes:

Viewing 20 posts - 241 through 260 (of 2,649 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.