This topic contains 6 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of NickVR NickVR 9 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of stocko
    stocko
    Participant

Hi All,

This is my vs ss ute. I have had it about 18months, before this I was out of the commodore for a long time – last commodore was a vs 215 6 speed senator in 2000

Model: vs ss ute
    Colour: custom mix raven = appears to have a lot more purple in it and I haven’t found anyone to match it well
    Engine: vs roller block 30tho over, SRP forged pistons, H beams Higgins cnc heads,  236/244 roller cam,  Torque Power dual plane high rise 1000cfm throttle body
    Exhaust: defilipo 4-1s , twin 3inch
    Brakes: VE upgrade
    Trans: T56
    Diff: 4.1 Trutrac
    Suspension: Low and rough

I bought the car with the motor built, but with a Come TTB and the std diff and getrag and no rims. I bought it from Melbourne and trailered it back to newie.

Its currently making 387rwhp, I wasn’t happer with come or the getrag so swaped the gearbox myself and also did the manifold swap, the TP high rise dual plane livened it up a lot over the come TTB. T56 box and 4.1 trutrac is awesome

Future plans: respray ( yet to find a decent shop )mechanic, new NPC clutch ( next few weeks)  freshn up the motor, 4 bolt, more comp for e85 new cam and lifters and oiling mods

• This topic was modified 9 years, 1 month ago by Profile photo of stocko stocko.
    Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Profile photo of 8you4t
    8you4t
    Participant
    • Victoria
    • C63 Amg/ Mk4 golf gti/ Ml w163 320 Mercedes Amg pack/ Audi a4 Quattro turbo man/ Wh gen 3/ Vt Calais/ Porsche boxter S / Ba futura (soon to have turbo xr6 motor)/ 2006 RX8

• View build HERE
    Supporter

I can’t make out what kind of wheels they are …

If you don't believe in something .... You'll fall for anything

Profile photo of stocko
    stocko
    Participant

vz maloo or clubbie

Profile photo of Phire aka Gmfan
    Phire aka Gmfan
    Participant

Look like vz r8 to me?

Nice ute. A guy at work has a 355 stroker that he built. Said with stock manifold on and only limited power it was great fun on the street. Put a come manifold on it and power picked up but he said it ruined the way it drove. Sounds like you had a similar experience?

I quite like your engine bay. It’s not stripped out show type bay but tidy and functional. Looks like a good street car.

Profile photo of Kroozer
    Kroozer
    Participant
    Supporter

Ute looks sweet mate :) and rims are VZ R8’s

Profile photo of 8you4t
    8you4t
    Participant
    • Victoria
    • C63 Amg/ Mk4 golf gti/ Ml w163 320 Mercedes Amg pack/ Audi a4 Quattro turbo man/ Wh gen 3/ Vt Calais/ Porsche boxter S / Ba futura (soon to have turbo xr6 motor)/ 2006 RX8

• View build HERE
    Supporter

Ah the larger pics hadn’t loaded , now they have and I can see them !!!!

Btw very nice ride op …

If you don't believe in something .... You'll fall for anything

Profile photo of NickVR
    NickVR
    Participant
    Supporter

That engine bay looks awesome, the VS SS utes look good too.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.