HomeForumsMembers’ Builds and RidesVN – VP – VR – VSPanther mica VS 2 Clubsport #994 355 t5 3.73s devonish cloth

This topic contains 66 replies, has 13 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of VRSenator065 VRSenator065 7 years, 11 months ago.

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 67 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of sv89#170
    sv89#170
    Participant

Name: Jesse

Model: VS series 2 clubsport build #994

colour: Panther mica

bodykit: original hsv with a vn group a bonnet bulge

Engine type: rebuilt injected 5ltr

engine mods: 70mm throttle body, big cam, yella terra 1.65:1 rockers

Power: no idea

Exhaust: pacemakers, twin 2.5 inch system, twin high flow cats, x pipe, 2 mufflers dumped at the diff

Gearbox: rebuilt t5 exedy heavy duty clutch

diff: 3.08 lsd

Brakes: stock

Suspension: blue springs lovels maybe?

Wheels: champagne vt gts 18s

Interior: factory optional devonish cloth

stereo: Sony head unit about to go in the bin

Future mods: 3.73 diff I have in the shed, Tri spokes, lower the rear some more, repaint the roof and wing and a few other touch ups, remove the vn group a bulge, heaps more little things

alright some of you may remember me from over at SC forum as sv89#170 the mrs and I have a vn sv89, a vn hsv plus 6 and a 2014 Cruze Sri z series I swapped the vy ss we had for this as the vy was in need of some work the rear main was leaking needed a diff and a few other bits and was just over it and wanted a new toy

we have only had the clubby for 2 days but thought it would be the easiest to throw up a build thread on it first giving the length of my sv89 one

The guy I got it off claimed that it had a mild cam rockers ported heads and a engine freshen up but as it turns out he had no idea even tried to tell me that his dad had tuned it it had been severely neglected and covered in mud and bird crap and the interior is filthy he had removed the rear wing for some reason as well as a million gay stickers including “convict” slapped across the rear window

anyway here’s some pics to break up all this writing

the night I got it on the way home filthy and no wing 

First bath 

After a quick wash and polished a heap of marks out of it 

Interior note the gay as fuck gear knob 

• This topic was modified 8 years, 6 months ago by Profile photo of sv89#170 sv89#170.
    sv89#170
    Participant

Ok so from what I can tell the engine has definitely been out and rebuilt the cam sounds like it’s around the size of a 286 and it is stupidly loud with the exhaust dumped at the diff so I’m going to have to get a rear section made up and possibly add a resonator its a little doughy at low revs but screams up top I have a 3.73 m80 in the shed that I will chuck in it to help but the tune is very rich speaking of the tune going over it with my mate yesterday we had a look to see what chip was in it and it’s an old fueltronics chip with 5.7 vs manual written on it suggesting this motor might be a little better than I thought from what I have found fueltronics was owned by Martin donon the ls1 tuner back in the day who tunes at willal racing in sa now here’s a pic of the memcal 

we also gave the cooling system a flush and new coolant changed the gear knob to a getrag one for the meantime

sv89#170
    Participant

also fixed a vacuum leak from the back of the manifold which in turn fixed the heater controls also removed the pod filter that was on it and replaced it with a vn clubsport airbox and vs ss otr snorkel re fitted the engine covers and a few other things

sv89#170
    Participant

ill update more as I go I have a 3.73 m80 diff in the shed I will chuck in it and a heap of other little things it needs but yeah she’s had a hard life it was originally sold new at Melville motors in wa and has a wa suspension sticker on the strut tower so I’m guessing they had a hand in it too now it resides in northern nsw and im hoping I can get it to the standard of my previous vs clubsport #1104 it was white auto when I got it and fitted a vt roller cam 5 ltr getrag 5 speed and a 3.9 geared m80 and sold it couple years ago because I needed the money and always regretted it hence the reason I g the black one last pic for now with its sv89 shed partner :)

Profile photo of VRSenator065
    VRSenator065
    Participant
    • Adelaide SA
    • VR Senator LSx454 1960 Kombi (project) 1921 Nash Hot Rod (future project)

• View build HERE
    Supporter

I just bloody love these cars. Great to see one getting some love bringing it back to its former glory :)

p.s. any pics of the bay?

Profile photo of VS 5.0
    VS 5.0
    Participant

Yes, I second the request for bay pics.

Nice work on the exterior too.

Profile photo of NickVR
    NickVR
    Participant
    Supporter

Nice looking Clubsport. The paintwork on this looks really good.

sv89#170
    Participant

Pictures are deceiving the paint is heavily faded on the roof and some clear peeling on the roof and wing sadly it was heavily neglected before I got it anyway heres a before pic actually when I got it the top engine covers were on the back floor

After so far

Started to clean the seat need to do all of them with a machine tho so filthy :(

and a shot of it outside just now

sv89#170
    Participant

Here’s some before and after of my last clubsports engine bay too so you can see the direction this will probably follow

Profile photo of VS 5.0
    VS 5.0
    Participant

Are you going to be hunting down some Doritos for this one ?

sv89#170
    Participant

Yeah mate sure will just hard to find a good set at a decent price

Profile photo of cava454
    cava454
    Supporter

What the fark is a Dorito?

sv89#170
    Participant

Haha cav the original Tri spoke 17s

Profile photo of cava454
    cava454
    Supporter

Ohhhh

looks much much better on the 18’s IMO

Profile photo of NickVR
    NickVR
    Participant
    Supporter

The white one looked so neat.
    Noticed (on the white on) you had changed the air box to a VT one and put a MAF sensor on it too. Were you running a Series 3 motor or something?

sv89#170
    Participant

The White one was originally 5ltr auto when I got it but replaced the running gear with a vt roller cam 5ltr and getrag 5 speed full hydraulic clutch etc from a smashed vs ss ute and a vz m80 diff with 3.91 gears I tried to keep its appearance standard looking so followed the theme under bonnet and kept the 185i covers etc I had a build thread on it over on street Commodores still have to get around to starting a thread on here for my sv89 but that’s going to take a while lol

Profile photo of moodybluebob
    moodybluebob
    Participant

looks awesome man! good thing you’re tidying it up and bringing it back to its former glory!

Profile photo of VRSenator065
    VRSenator065
    Participant
    • Adelaide SA
    • VR Senator LSx454 1960 Kombi (project) 1921 Nash Hot Rod (future project)

• View build HERE
    Supporter

^agreed, always love seeing these early HSV’s getting the love and attention they deserve :good:

sv89#170
    Participant

Cheers guys will take a while but getting there slowly had it 2 weeks now time flys found a set of polished gts Tri spokes that I’m trying to do a deal on for it but just been cleaning it and driving it every now and then here’s some progress pics replaced the old Sony headunit with an alpine one and a set of 6.5 inch alpine type r splits I had in the shed also had it on my dads hoist the other day so got a shot of the half an exhaust that’s on it haha

sv89#170
    Participant

Fixed the wiring for the brake light today so that’s working now and re fitted the under boot carpet then I gave it a wash and clay bar will wax it tomorrow anyway couple of pics

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 67 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.