HomeForumsTechnical – GeneralEngineOil Bypass Filter LS

This topic contains 3 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of pir4te pir4te 9 years ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of pir4te
    pir4te
    Participant
    Supporter

Anyone had or is currently running an oil bypass filter that uses toilet paper, like Frantz or Amsoil or Kleenoil or Jack Master on their LS?

• This topic was modified 9 years ago by Profile photo of pir4te pir4te.

Naturally as-pirated, all-motor.

Profile photo of Phire aka Gmfan
    Phire aka Gmfan
    Participant

I hadn’t seen kits like these before. I’m sure i’ve seen supplementary filter kits that run a finer filter element and i had thought it was a Donaldson kit though can’t find anything through google. What application are you thinking of using it in? Street? Track/drag?

Profile photo of delcowizzid
    delcowizzid
    Participant

i just took one off a 4×4 been round for eons seem to filter out carbon real well if you select the right roll of shit paper :D.

Profile photo of pir4te
    pir4te
    Participant
    Supporter

i just took one off a 4×4 been round for eons seem to filter out carbon real well if you select the right roll of shit paper :D.

Yes I admit I’m fussy about which brand I use for the Job as well!

What application are you thinking of using it in?

Street, I run ethanol exclusively and a bypass filter takes the water out of the oil completely, plus filters below 20 micron where most harmful crap occurs. So one of these refineries plumbed from the ready-made LS bypass port makes sense with this build.

Also I’m planning a decent low maintenance air oil seperator which returns to oil system, but of course would like to refine the effluent feed. Toilet paper seems a forgotten option  :bye:

Naturally as-pirated, all-motor.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.