This topic contains 18 replies, has 8 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of NickVR NickVR 7 years, 2 months ago.

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of NickVR
    NickVR
    Participant
    Supporter

Model: VR SS

Year: 1994

Kilometres: 153910

Colour: Marenello Red

Engine Type: 5ltr V8 (Stock as far as I know)

Exhaust: Pacemaker Extractors (I think, maybe advanced) Into Twin 2.5inch Pipes Into Single 3inch with twin exit exhaust

Gearbox: Rebuilt 4 speed auto with Shift Kit

Diff: Rebuilt LSD

Brakes: (FRONT) 296mm VT Discs With VT Twin Piston Calipers (REAR) – Standard

Suspension: Lowered on King Springs All Around with Koni Adjustable Shocks

Wheels: 17″ WH Statesman Internationals

Interior: Stock SS interior

Other Mods: Resprayed (Approx 5 years ago according to the old owner) After Market Alarm, Clear Aftermarket Tailights, VT Side Indicators, Rear bar cut out to suit exhaust, Pod filter :(

Stereo: Flip out DVD player 6×9 Speakers in the rear and sub in the boot.

Future Mods: Make it look stock and a big clean up.

Bought it off the second owner (I am now the third) which had it since 99. He didn’t want to get rid of it but unfortunately had because he needed the money and didn’t drive it that often. Got it for a good price ($6750 with 3 months rego) which is fairly good for a car in this condition. Plan is to return it to stock and restore it as much as possible. First thing is those tail lights though. Because it has rego at the moment I will drive it around while I can then I will put it into storage and focus on finishing my other one. So this won’t be updated all that often but I will once I start to restore it.

I only have one photo of it but the others were from the ad that the previous owner put up.

• This topic was modified 7 years, 3 months ago by Profile photo of NickVR NickVR.
    • This topic was modified 7 years, 3 months ago by Profile photo of NickVR NickVR.
    Profile photo of doz10
    doz10
    Participant

Nice looking car nick, not a bad price you paid either

Profile photo of sands vs
    sands vs
    Participant

how recently did you get this?

Profile photo of NickVR
    NickVR
    Participant
    Supporter

Got it Wednesday night. It was advertised on Facebook. A friends dad was selling it.

Profile photo of NickVR
    NickVR
    Participant
    Supporter

First mod done. Love having spares hiding in the shed.

Profile photo of doz10
    doz10
    Participant

<p style=”text-align: left;”>Yeah always good having spares sitting around, looks better already</p>

Profile photo of NickVR
    NickVR
    Participant
    Supporter

Yeah thats it. Had a standard  air box to put in as well. They had some ugly pod in there. Had to steal the air filter and battery from the other car. Plus found the hazard switch playing up which stuffed the indicators. Had a few spares of those too. It will slowly get fixed up. Did all the easy stuff first. Plus it makes some space in the shed as well.

Profile photo of doz10
    doz10
    Participant

Yeah I’m not a big fan of the pod filters either, good to see another second gen getting some love can’t wait to see how it turns out

Profile photo of cava454
    cava454
    Supporter

I’ve got an air box and K&n panel setup if your keen?

Pods work great. But they must be in an enclosure.

sands vs
    Participant

Shame he sold it. If its the one of thinking of it had a clubsport interior and its 5lt converted?

Nicks VR Exec

is it this car?

• This reply was modified 7 years, 3 months ago by Profile photo of sands vs sands vs.
    Profile photo of VRSenator065
    VRSenator065
    Participant
    • Adelaide SA
    • VR Senator LSx454 1960 Kombi (project) 1921 Nash Hot Rod (future project)

• View build HERE
    Supporter

Nice score mate, looks great.

Profile photo of VS 5.0
    VS 5.0
    Participant

Shame he sold it. If its the one of thinking of it had a clubsport interior and its 5lt converted?

Nicks VR Exec

is it this car?

They’re both Nick’s cars.

• This reply was modified 7 years, 3 months ago by Profile photo of VS 5.0 VS 5.0.
    Profile photo of NickVR
    NickVR
    Participant
    Supporter

Yeah I’m not a big fan of the pod filters either, good to see another second gen getting some love can’t wait to see how it turns out

It was a cheap pod and tube just stuck in there. Quite an ugly set up.

I’ve got an air box and K&n panel setup if your keen? Pods work great. But they must be in an enclosure.

Got one in my lot of spares. Factory square one with intake hose. But I think the intake hose is from earlier models VN/VP. Need to just buy a filter for it, I’ll just chuck a Ryco one in there. Only used the K&N out of my car as it was all I had available to me at the time. Plus my car isn’t going anywhere any time soon.

Nicks VR Exec

<iframe class=”wp-embedded-content” style=”position: absolute; clip: rect(1px, 1px, 1px, 1px);” title=”“Nicks VR Exec” — CommodoresPlus” src=”https://www.commodoresplus.com.au/forums/topic/nicks-vr-exec/embed/#?secret=FTATWc7FtD” width=”600″ height=”338″ frameborder=”0″ marginwidth=”0″ marginheight=”0″ scrolling=”no” sandbox=”allow-scripts” data-secret=”FTATWc7FtD”></iframe> is it this car?

No not that car. That’s my other one. It’s currently in pieces while I fit a trans cooler and get it ready for the trans to be done. That won’t be going anywhere, that’s worth more to me than this one will ever be I think.

Nice score mate, looks great.

Cheers Gary. Can never have too many VR’s. I will get back to you in regards to the gauge holder too. Been really busy lately and time isn’t something I have had a lot of.

Nicks VR Exec

is it this car?

They’re both Nick’s cars.

Yeah both are mine. I was waiting for someone to get confused. Mine looked similar to this at one stage. Same wheels and all. This one is a Genuine SS but mine is a bitsa. This is the next project, I’ll get mine going first then focus on a resto of this one.

Drove it all weekend and it went well. Might need some attention to the suspension but otherwise it was a fairly comfortable ride.

sands vs
    Participant

Ah great I think its because you did a cut and paste and it said exec above. Thank god for that mate. I have followed that vr for what a decade on street commodores

Profile photo of NickVR
    NickVR
    Participant
    Supporter

Yeah I did and forgot to change one thing, lol. Wow that long, I forget how long I have had it for.

Profile photo of
    Anonymous Member since: January 1, 1970

Nice pic up mate! Will make a nice project car. Looks clean.

Profile photo of NickVR
    NickVR
    Participant
    Supporter

Yeah pretty clean for its age. Needs a good going over but a good cruiser as it is for now. Did a U Pull It run this morning and got a few things for it. Even found a factory tape deck too, hope to get that modified for a usb one day.

Profile photo of exec24
    exec24
    Participant
    Supporter

its a long shot but do you know what part numbers the front springs are?

Profile photo of NickVR
    NickVR
    Participant
    Supporter

No idea, haven’t been under the car to look. I know they are Kingsprings from what the previous owner told me.

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.