HomeForumsGeneralForum Feedback & SupportNewest Post and Mark As Read.

This topic contains 9 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of NickVR NickVR 9 years, 2 months ago.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of NickVR
    NickVR
    Participant
    Supporter

Great start on the forum, well done on the effort put into it.

There are 2 things I have noticed that would be handy to have that other forums have.

When looking at the Latest Posts.

An icon o click on to go to the newest post in the thread

Also marking the forum read.

Once you have caught up on the latest posts and finished. Clicking Mark Forums As Read. A button in the top main section under the Forum Info drop down box or the Forum drop down box. Even it’s own button in that section of buttons.

Just some thoughts.

Keep up the good work.

Profile photo of Kroozer
    Kroozer
    Participant
    Supporter

To go to last post click on the ‘time’ i.e. click on ‘ 5 Minutes ago’ and it will take you to the last post :)

Profile photo of NickVR
    NickVR
    Participant
    Supporter

I knew I had missed it some how. Although I thought it would of been the Mark Forums Read one, lol. Thanks for that.

Profile photo of Kroozer
    Kroozer
    Participant
    Supporter

Also the blue line at the start of the thread will tell you if it contains unread posts if thats what you are talking about?

Profile photo of NickVR
    NickVR
    Participant
    Supporter

Not really. When I used to finish going through the new posts on other forums I would select Mark Forums As Read. This would clear all new posts and they wouldn’t appear again in new post’s until someone posted again.

Profile photo of VRSenator065
    VRSenator065
    Participant
    • Adelaide SA
    • VR Senator LSx454 1960 Kombi (project) 1921 Nash Hot Rod (future project)

• View build HERE
    Supporter

That’s a great idea, that one will go into the memory bank for the next major update, I like it. Btw has really surprised me how people use forums differently. Even just the few of us testing used it differently.

Profile photo of NickVR
    NickVR
    Participant
    Supporter

Most forums I have used have this function. Makes it easy to see what is new since my last visit rather than go through and remember what has been read and not. Although I realise the blue mark does this too.

This is how the other forums have it.  I login, then hit new posts then when finished reading I hit Mark Forums Read.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Profile photo of Georgie
    Georgie
    Participant

Hi Nick,

Thanks for your suggestions, as was alluded to, the idea was to get the forum up and running and then start a list for “V2” :) We are using different software than many other forums, however there is certainly a lot of flexibility to add new things in response to feedback!

For the mean time, you do have the option to ‘Mark All As Read’ within a sub forum (such as ‘New Members’ etc), but I can definitely look into extending this forum-wide at some stage.

Cheers

– Georgie

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Profile photo of pir4te
    pir4te
    Participant
    Supporter

Sort of related, but having the ability to go directly to a “subscribed” subset – be it following members or sub forum or topic – would be great.

Sort of like a favourites filter.

As an extension to make life easier it would be good to have the reverse function – hide / unfollow member or sub forum or topic – so content is custom to member interest.

PS Georgie where’s your Avatar, anything is better than a ghost, we want this to be a rich media site!!

Naturally as-pirated, all-motor.

Profile photo of NickVR
    NickVR
    Participant
    Supporter

Hi Nick, Thanks for your suggestions, as was alluded to, the idea was to get the forum up and running and then start a list for “V2″ :) We are using different software than many other forums, however there is certainly a lot of flexibility to add new things in response to feedback! For the mean time, you do have the option to ‘Mark All As Read’ within a sub forum (such as ‘New Members’ etc), but I can definitely look into extending this forum-wide at some stage. Cheers – Georgie

Awesome, thanks Georgie. You have done a great job with V1 that’s for sure, no one can complain about that. I did think that I saw Mark Forum Read somewhere but couldn’t find it again. I was looking in the main forum though and around it.

Looking forward to V2 when it happens, as I am sure everyone’s input and suggestions can make this one awesome forum.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.