This topic contains 26 replies, has 7 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Nick Nick 7 years, 3 months ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 21 through 27 (of 27 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Nick
    Nick
    Participant

I noticed the Husky crazy eyes aswell hahaha Good job on the pillar installs how did you get the factory texture?

^ yea I have same question, they came up great, how did you get the texture? Btw you don’t know a guy with a hearse called Adam do you? He is into the crazy, melt your ears, sound system stuff…

Septone texture coat, then 2-3 light coats of Septone Matte Black, only light coats.
    If you go too heavy, it will just ruin the texture effect and give you the normal orange peel effect from paint.

Yes, I do know Adam! Great guy. I worked with him for just over a year at a sheet metal factory until we were both made redundant.

He and I are part of a “team” currently building a Mitsubishi L300 van for sound competitions, lots of work will be done over the weekend.

Profile photo of VRSenator065
    VRSenator065
    Participant
    • Adelaide SA
    • VR Senator LSx454 1960 Kombi (project) 1921 Nash Hot Rod (future project)

• View build HERE
    Supporter

Very small world.  Adam loaned me his big ass crimp tool for doing the power lead when I did my battery relocate.  He parked at the front of my house in his beemer and cranked the stereo, it almost shook the bamboo paneling off the wall at the back of the house, just insane :wacko: His hearse is going to be killa (excuse the pun)

Profile photo of Nick
    Nick
    Participant

It was great when the Beemer was walled, sadly not any more.
    Can’t wait to see the Hearse painted too, so much prep work has gone into it so far.

Profile photo of Nick
    Nick
    Participant

Update time, it’s been a while for those that are following.
    Picked up some second hand high end drivers  for a price I couldn’t refuse. Morel Elate 6’s :)
    Went to Callum at AV-DC and he fabricated some pods so they fit behind the stock door trim.
    The MDF pods were sealed with a rubberized spray on coating so the MDF does not soak moisture in the future.

With them installed, I still didn’t have a sub stage in the car- still! A friend had found a fairly cheap monoblock amplifier which I picked up, old Digital Designs goodness. It’s a bit scratched up from previous owners/ idiots who thought it would be a good idea to dig and scratch at what was probably a Cash Converters sticker on there. Doesn’t matter though, it will rarely get seen. :)

Also got a free set of VZ alloy satin silver interior door handles, pays to know the right people ;)

While I was at it, I picked up a WH Statesman cluster a price too good to be true, but it worked so I had it programmed with the car. The gear selector doesn’t light up but we have put that down to not having a HIGH BCM in the car.

Finally got a subwoofer and box and installed that. The trophies are from a SQ and SPL competition that was over in Echuca a couple weekends ago and the shiny gold one is from another SQ competition this weekend just gone. :)

In the midst of all of this, the gas system backfired (full throttle and low on gas, surged and pop goes the weasel).
    I checked if I had blown anything up, nope.
    About a week after that I could hear some rattling and the throttle wasn’t as it used to be, opened up the air box and voila!

Profile photo of VRSenator065
    VRSenator065
    Participant
    • Adelaide SA
    • VR Senator LSx454 1960 Kombi (project) 1921 Nash Hot Rod (future project)

• View build HERE
    Supporter

You guys with these sounds systems are crazy (good crazy though ;-)   )

Profile photo of Nick
    Nick
    Participant

Okay, long time no update, that’s for sure!
    A few months ago I was heading home and the engine started knocking, oops.
    Because that happened, the plan has been to convert it to LS, perfect timing right?!
    I left it to sit in the front yard and didn’t bother touching it up until Friday just gone, turns out the a coil pack was the problem and back on the road.

No LS1 just yet, but at least I can drive it as a daily again.

Profile photo of Nick
    Nick
    Participant

So, nothing has happened since the last update, time to sell the wagon.

It has been a fantastic economic daily for the last two and a years, minimal issues but time for better and faster.

My choices were either sink another $8k into the wagon for what I want to achieve or just buy another car with the goodies already there, second choice is much better. New thread when new car is purchased!

LS1 time!!!  :yahoo:   :yahoo:   :yahoo:   :yahoo:

Viewing 7 posts - 21 through 27 (of 27 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.