HomeForumsGeneralThe Pool RoomIdeas for Garage / Shed Flooring

This topic contains 9 replies, has 8 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Strick Strick 8 years, 7 months ago.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of VRSenator065
    VRSenator065
    Participant
    • Adelaide SA
    • VR Senator LSx454 1960 Kombi (project) 1921 Nash Hot Rod (future project)

• View build HERE
    Supporter

Toying with the idea of putting some sort of flooring down in my shed where I park the Senator and my daily.  I like the look of black and white.  Anyone done anything?  I don’t want to spend a heap of $$, I see you can buy lock together tiles but the price adds up when you start talking an area that’s roughly 6m x 6m.  Anyone tried using maybe regular vinyl flooring?

• This topic was modified 8 years, 7 months ago by Profile photo of VRSenator065 VRSenator065.
    Profile photo of [TUFFVQ]
    [TUFFVQ]
    Participant

Harder to do a checker pattern but epoxy paint sealer kits are great in that they are easy to clean. Having one consistent colour improves the appearance of the shed, and having a gloss on it also reflects the light, making the area seem brighter.

Profile photo of Smitty
    Smitty
    Participant
    • Melbourne
    • GEN-F R8 SV340 HSV Tourer, VK club touring race car and Kwaka ZX12R

• View build HERE

I got offered a nice line in Axminster carpet

for free and so….

easy on my ol’ knees … and just needs a vac now and then  :yes:

• This reply was modified 8 years, 7 months ago by Profile photo of Smitty Smitty.
    VRSenator065
    Participant
    • Adelaide SA

• View build HERE
    Supporter

^lol with the axminster, maybe I could get Pro Heart to come and paint it for me :)

Really would like something with a bit of look to it rather than one single colour, or at least maybe checker plate kinda look (I think) if anyone else has any pics of what they have done would like to see them :good:

Profile photo of Immortality
    Immortality
    Participant

Painting is probably the best way to go, I guess you could mask out a lot of squares………

Profile photo of cava454
    cava454
    Supporter

I got offered a nice line in Axminster carpet for free and so…. easy on my ol’ knees … and just needs a vac now and then

hahah dude my parents rocked that in the house up until I was 10 hahahah

i like epoxy. I’ll be doing my drive way soon

Profile photo of NickVR
    NickVR
    Participant
    Supporter

I used secondhand carpet tiles. Got enough to do two double sheds for about $400 from memory. There was a guy selling them on Gumtree. He dismantled shops for a living and had heaps of it. Went through it all and got the best ones. I’ll try and find his number, was out Angle Vale way I think.

Sent from my SM-G925I using Tapatalk

VRSenator065
    Participant
    • Adelaide SA

• View build HERE
    Supporter

I used secondhand carpet tiles. Got enough to do two double sheds for about $400 from memory. There was a guy selling them on Gumtree. He dismantled shops for a living and had heaps of it. Went through it all and got the best ones. I’ll try and find his number, was out Angle Vale way I think. Sent from my SM-G925I using Tapatalk

yea if you could get this number would be great, cheers

Profile photo of SLE355
    SLE355
    Participant

Harder to do a checker pattern but epoxy paint sealer kits are great in that they are easy to clean. Having one consistent colour improves the appearance of the shed, and having a gloss on it also reflects the light, making the area seem brighter.

Looks good, where did you get the kit and how much?

Profile photo of Strick
    Strick
    Participant
    Supporter

Priorities sorted, good garage for the car, astroturf in front of the BBQ so your feet dont get dirty haha!

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.