This topic contains 2 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of NickVR NickVR 7 years, 6 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of KNG VK
    KNG VK
    Participant

Hi guys, new member here, just wondering if any of you guys with a ls conversion using the lhs starter and 1 3/4 triys  have had trouble with your starter motor getting hot and not even clicking after a long drive?

• This topic was modified 7 years, 6 months ago by Profile photo of KNG VK KNG VK.
    Profile photo of VRSenator065
    VRSenator065
    Participant
    • Adelaide SA
    • VR Senator LSx454 1960 Kombi (project) 1921 Nash Hot Rod (future project)

• View build HERE
    Supporter

I haven’t, but having said that my headers are ceramic coated for that reason and also i spent some time and gave mine more clearance.  Not sure what starter etc you are using but with mine there is a lug on the top that’s not used that came very close when I had the Pacemakers.  I ground it off.  You can see here where the texta mark is I cut that away as you can see how close it was to the pipe.

Profile photo of NickVR
    NickVR
    Participant
    Supporter

Not LS based but try a heat shield around it. I used one off a VE V6, quite cheap (bought it years ago though).

It’s modified slightly to fit and work. It has a clip/clamp that fits on the solenoid and then I made a bracket using the starter mounting bolt and riveting it to the shield.

• This reply was modified 7 years, 6 months ago by Profile photo of NickVR NickVR.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.