This topic contains 28 replies, has 8 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of sv89#170 sv89#170 8 years, 9 months ago.

Viewing 9 posts - 21 through 29 (of 29 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Guzzler
    Guzzler
    Participant

Sorry mate.. I will get out the paint this weekend when I paint my new ashtrays

Profile photo of Guzzler
    Guzzler
    Participant

Hi Paul, Still want a SV5000 and yes this was suppose to be a daily so I will have to use it or sell it as my wife said I cannot have four cars.

Actually I did win an argument the other day… my wife said I could have as many cars as I want.. just not stored here at our house… so I might find a friend with a large shed and store the cars I do up unrego there :)

I really need a shed like your one..lol

Profile photo of Guzzler
    Guzzler
    Participant

There were parts , screws/clips every where in boxes and on shelves so I got motivated on the weekend a put the interior back together.

The next mission is painting the bananas and rocker covers, painting my black ash trays, polishing some more rims, servicing the auto and changing the shift solenoids. Then blue slip and new plates.

I had the guards rolled as I intend to put Silver FR1 Simmons on pretty soon for fun and change the exhaust as soon as its rego.

The interior was stream clean and the used water that I sucked out of the trim was black. The cars smell nice now.

There is a little bit of glue/silcon on the rear trim which I cannot remove from the previous owner.. so in time I may re trim as I have 3m of spare martial .. but not worried.

The centre stereo surround and centre console had leather cleaner and sealer to remove the dirt.

After a clay bar and polish the car will be very nice!! :)

• This reply was modified 8 years, 11 months ago by Profile photo of Guzzler Guzzler.
    • This reply was modified 8 years, 11 months ago by Profile photo of Guzzler Guzzler.
    Profile photo of moodybluebob
    moodybluebob
    Participant

looking sharp mate! love that interior.

Profile photo of VRSenator065
    VRSenator065
    Participant
    • Adelaide SA
    • VR Senator LSx454 1960 Kombi (project) 1921 Nash Hot Rod (future project)

• View build HERE
    Supporter

^agreed, just beautiful, the interior on mine is what i instantly fell in love with when I first sat in it.  Coming up really great.  I personally wouldn’t go the Simmons, but then its not my car :good:

Profile photo of VRSenator065
    VRSenator065
    Participant
    • Adelaide SA
    • VR Senator LSx454 1960 Kombi (project) 1921 Nash Hot Rod (future project)

• View build HERE
    Supporter

Btw I reckon a little thing that lifts the interior of these is fitting new orange plastic inserts in the lock buttons, they end up fading, and when they are new I know its only a minor thing but it lifts it :good:

Profile photo of Guzzler
    Guzzler
    Participant

• This reply was modified 8 years, 10 months ago by Profile photo of Guzzler Guzzler.
    Profile photo of Guzzler
    Guzzler
    Participant

Wheels have been restored and painted Hi Ho Silver which is the same paint code as the HSV factory wheel colour “Senator Grey”

Engine cover where 2k painted silver with clear and bananas painted by spray can Aluminium: in high temp + clear .. but will redo later to match.. looks good enough for now.

Installed another MP3/USB stereo.. but will need to add another power antenna switch as this stereo only had amp trigger out?.. so the ant stays up all the time which looks shit.

The car is for sale on car sales as I need money for a pool and I have four cars.

But if not just as happy to keep in storage as its mint!.

Will change the exhaust next with straight through muffler and rear hot dog and twin tips as I want it to some like my SS.

I have started taking off each door trim and re glueing the trim and replacing the door lock nibs with NOS orange lock tabs. Need to find a power loss as the mirror and cruz do not work so will work that out soon.

• This reply was modified 8 years, 9 months ago by Profile photo of Guzzler Guzzler.
    • This reply was modified 8 years, 9 months ago by Profile photo of Guzzler Guzzler.
    Profile photo of sv89#170
    sv89#170
    Participant

Wheels look much better silver

Viewing 9 posts - 21 through 29 (of 29 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.