This topic contains 106 replies, has 12 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of VRSenator065 VRSenator065 7 years, 11 months ago.

Viewing 20 posts - 21 through 40 (of 108 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of moodybluebob
    moodybluebob
    Participant

This reply has been reported for inappropriate content.

keen to see this thing going! god clean donor to work with too!

Profile photo of VRSenator065
    VRSenator065
    Participant
    • Adelaide SA
    • VR Senator LSx454 1960 Kombi (project) 1921 Nash Hot Rod (future project)

• View build HERE
    Supporter

I moved my ABS to pretty much the same spot, actually where the battery used to be, only comment my engineer made was he “prefers” to keep it as close as possible to the same height it was before, not totally sure why.  Totally agree with running things past the engineer first, at least then when its done he has no surprises, and you don’t have to redo something. Also agree with IJ, if your doing brakes in hard lines there’s no issues.  Nice progress buddy, looking good.

Profile photo of DK PSI
    DK PSI
    Participant

More progress today really got stuck in got the dump pipe clearence done without having to remove the motor pretty happy as now i can set everything up before pullingit out for tidy up and paint which is almost where im at now also got the side pipe on v bands are the best investment to this setup ive spent

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

Profile photo of DK PSI
    DK PSI
    Participant

And also started wiring in the autronic which is 90 percent done now i just have to do the battery in the boot and ginish the body loom side of things so i can wire the autronic loom to the body loom etc but another bit of progress

Profile photo of DK PSI
    DK PSI
    Participant

And had to push it outside the shed as they do when your always working the shed has gotten out of control laying in metal shavings heat wrap fibres and tools everywhere needed to cleanup but took some pics of the car as a whole while it was out

Profile photo of VS 355 UTE
    VS 355 UTE
    Participant

Jesus DK another car!!! I was keen to see you go all out on the ute.What happened mate,hidden issues?

Profile photo of DK PSI
    DK PSI
    Participant

Having a kid soon rat so cant have two utes not that and the v6 main body was considered a conversion so weight rules etc kicked in but danny sold me this cheap regoed so seemed fitting ive had such a bad run with bodys a complete rego car is gow i should have done it to start with really :)

Profile photo of DK PSI
    DK PSI
    Participant

So updates hooked in today the abs looked like a bag of asses sitting where i had it so now im going the whole 9 yards hiding the module and also the wiring will be hidden except for injector loom cause the harrop manifold cant hide it lol. So cut the battery tray clean out of it and started the template

Profile photo of DK PSI
    DK PSI
    Participant

Profile photo of DK PSI
    DK PSI
    Participant

Then i made it out of panel steel same thickness as original cut out tabs aswell so i can weld then fold and double weld for strength which sould be stronger than factory once its braced etc

Profile photo of DK PSI
    DK PSI
    Participant

Then decided to also cut the bonnet out aswell so i can neaten bonnet and the bay up all at once just knock all the welding out in one go :) i was goung to scoop it but so happy ive just knocked bracing out and bonnet closes with an inch of room above the elbow so no scoop at all

Profile photo of BLOWNVS
    BLOWNVS
    Participant

Coming along very nicely mate. good work!

Profile photo of DK PSI
    DK PSI
    Participant

Thanks mate hopefully get it welded up etc asap then i can paint the bay and detail all the engine parts etc going full white bay and full black engine should look not half bad

VRSenator065
    Participant
    • Adelaide SA

• View build HERE
    Supporter

Loving ya work mate, looks great.  Wonder how long before some wizz with a 3D printer comes up with a design for a swing down fake headlight for you FI boys and girls ;)

• This reply was modified 8 years, 3 months ago by Profile photo of VRSenator065 VRSenator065.
    Profile photo of DK PSI
    DK PSI
    Participant

Hahaha swing down headlight love it 👍 yeah after how long its taken me to get this build to this stage i figured its best to just step it up a bit :)

Profile photo of DK PSI
    DK PSI
    Participant

So due to the influx of fucktrumpets and people with opinions that have never worked on there own cars to this extent on facebook the only place this build will be seen is commodores plus forum.. so kind of an exclusive to the forum build now till its all finished :)

Profile photo of cava454
    cava454
    Supporter

Your still doing it wrong

VRSenator065
    Participant
    • Adelaide SA

• View build HERE
    Supporter

So due to the influx of fucktrumpets and people with opinions that have never worked on there own cars to this extent on facebook the only place this build will be seen is commodores plus forum.. so kind of an exclusive to the forum build now till its all finished :) Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

Happy to have it here buddy.  That’s the prob with fb, everyone and anyone can have an opinion and is an armchair expert. Actually theres a couple of other forums like that too  ;-) always more than one way to achieve what ya want, there is categorically no “right”way.

Profile photo of DK PSI
    DK PSI
    Participant

Haha cav i need guidance then 😂 and yeah thats it more than one way to skin a cat lol

Profile photo of DK PSI
    DK PSI
    Participant

So little update started getting the bay welded up today so much work making all the filler panels and welding each peice in the big main one over the battery tray is welded on thw bay sode and i made folding tabs that roll up the back under wheel arch that are all spot welded in its solid as a bloody rock but ive retained the spots where original panels where spotted as to keep it repairable if for any reason i nose it into anything.

Viewing 20 posts - 21 through 40 (of 108 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.