This topic contains 106 replies, has 12 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of VRSenator065 VRSenator065 7 years, 10 months ago.

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 108 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of DK PSI
    DK PSI
    Participant

Hey guys most of you know the build ive ended up having enough of buying shitty rollers so a friend was selling his daily drive at a price i couldnt resist and knowing the car for the last 5 odd years was a good buy for what i wanted. So for the details

Engine

Holden 355 stroker VN heads VT Block(Built By Paul from Mad Race Engines on the Gold Coast)
    355 scat crank
    Manley H beam rods (ARP 2000 Bolts)
    JE Forged pistons 9.1:1
    Custom Grind cam
    Harrop Dual Plane Manifold
    Xspurt 1000cc injectors
    Custom Made Throttle Elbow (Made by Wayne finch)
    Custom 4 into 1 style Turbo Manifolds with twin wategate entry to single gate (Made by Wayne Finch)
    Garrett GT42 Turbo
    50mm Turbosmart Pro Gate
    Come Racing high volume oil pump
    Fast 102mm Throttle body
    High volume Sump
    3″ dump pipe to side pipe (for race use only) (Made by Wayne Finch)
    Custom 3 1/2″-3″ cooler piping (made by Wayne Finch)
    Autronic SM4 ecu
    Tech edge wideband o2 controller
    Electric Boost solenoid
    Aeroflow 2ltr surge tank with twin Bosch 044s (full teflon Braid lines and aeroflow fittings)
    Walbro gss342 in tank feed pump
    Aeromotive fuel Pressure regulator
    Oil cooler with thermo fan

Suspension is basic lowered for now

Also will be running a turbo 400 gearbox

So far ive just been setting the engine up in the bay getting it ready to fire up i still have to relocate abs and fuse box aswell as setting up fuel system and just tidying up and wiring which should all be happening soon

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Profile photo of VRSenator065
    VRSenator065
    Participant
    • Adelaide SA
    • VR Senator LSx454 1960 Kombi (project) 1921 Nash Hot Rod (future project)

• View build HERE
    Supporter

Nice, looking fwd to seeing more pics/progress.

Profile photo of DK PSI
    DK PSI
    Participant

Cheers mate ill throw few pics ive got in the vault up of the interesting stuff then update from there :)

Profile photo of DK PSI
    DK PSI
    Participant

Well to start things off few pics from the stocko motor removal and fitment of the 355 :) was planning to drive it in stock form but oil pump gave up the ghost aith 400 thou ks on it its to be expected haha so pushed my hand to get stuck into it l. Think secretly it wanted out with the old in with the new :)

Attachments:
    Profile photo of DK PSI
    DK PSI
    Participant

Started making cooler bracket its sturdy as hell now and tidy and mounted the engine oil cooler setup aswell

Attachments:
    VRSenator065
    Participant
    • Adelaide SA

• View build HERE
    Supporter

If you can, better to post pics up using something like photobucket, there’s a thread on how to do it on here if you have trouble :good:

Profile photo of DK PSI
    DK PSI
    Participant

Yeah i know problem is internet at home is cooked atm so just using mobile literally takes me 24hrs to upload to photobucket wbich is a royal pain in the ass lol

VRSenator065
    Participant
    • Adelaide SA

• View build HERE
    Supporter

No probs buddy, very neat btw, did my engine oil cooler very similar.

• This reply was modified 8 years, 2 months ago by Profile photo of VRSenator065 VRSenator065.
    Profile photo of DK PSI
    DK PSI
    Participant

Thanks mate it seemed like the most suitable area for it as im literally runing out of room in the bay fast lol i still have to workout where to mount transmission cooler yet

Profile photo of BLOWNVS
    BLOWNVS
    Participant

Nice work mate, very similar in specs to my turbo build. Keep the updates coming!

VRSenator065
    Participant
    • Adelaide SA

• View build HERE
    Supporter

Thanks mate it seemed like the most suitable area for it as im literally runing out of room in the bay fast lol i still have to workout where to mount transmission cooler yet Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

What size trans cooler you looking at? (I realize bigger is better).  Maybe get a long narrow one and mount it above the intercooler?  Or maybe one on the opposite side where the horns are?  On second look, maybe move the engine oil cooler across to where the horns are and get a deeper one for there?  I know what you mean though, I ended up having to also fit in an electric brake vac pump and reservoir, you start to run out of room real fast.  Great build.

Profile photo of DK PSI
    DK PSI
    Participant

I have the cooler literally only place that looks like i can fit it is infront of the cooler minus the fan but still hoping to find a better spot for it yet

Profile photo of DK PSI
    DK PSI
    Participant

Also have to relocate the abs but thats simple as im not trying to smooth or shave anything cause theres literally so much motor theres not much point so abs will move to the front of the strut tower engineer had no issues with me doing it as long as i used approved brake line etc

Profile photo of
    Anonymous Member since: January 1, 1970

The VZ ABS I’m using mounts in that position stock so can’t see any reason not to do it, “Approved brake lines” didn’t know there was such thing for hardlines only the flex lines, as long as they’re made from Steel Bundy tubing or Stainless and are double or bubble flared it should pass no probs.

Profile photo of DK PSI
    DK PSI
    Participant

Yeah thats pretty much what engineer told me had so many people tell me it can never be moved lol i usually just go straight to the engineer now for anything i do it saves alot of bullshit just making a phone call ill hopefully be gettinh that job out of the way very soon :)

Profile photo of Michael
    Michael
    Participant
    Supporter

What brand cooler and fan is that?

Profile photo of DK PSI
    DK PSI
    Participant

Haha i took a risk on the cooler and fan its a speedmaster i would generally avoid there products like a bad smell but i cooler is suck a simple item that if it shits out i would be highly supprised cooler itself looks good and its twin core cooler fan on the other hand i possibly wont use it looks cheap lol

Profile photo of Michael
    Michael
    Participant
    Supporter

<p style=”text-align: left;”>Looks good. But I don’t think I want to buy something from Poocomp.</p>

Profile photo of DK PSI
    DK PSI
    Participant

Im the same but coolers are coolers imo if it doesnt leak from cores its gonna work imo thays just me though prob the only shitty part on the car lol :)

Profile photo of DK PSI
    DK PSI
    Participant

Abs relocation started last night not ideal but the only spot for it but it fits and its out of the way of the manifold now and managed to use existing bracket so its all a win for me im not smoothing the bay out as i have far to much going in in the bay for me to justify it. As for the relays there going under the gaurd i personally dont like the idea but again no room so i have to make the most of the space i have :)

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 108 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.