This topic contains 1,534 replies, has 19 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of cava454 cava454 3 years, 2 months ago.

Viewing 20 posts - 1,361 through 1,380 (of 1,536 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of VRSenator065
    VRSenator065
    Participant
    • Adelaide SA
    • VR Senator LSx454 1960 Kombi (project) 1921 Nash Hot Rod (future project)

• View build HERE
    Supporter

You are smashing it mate, awesome.  I like the boot garnish black, just a tad of contrast.

Profile photo of
    Anonymous Member since: January 1, 1970

Thanks Gary, I agree on the Garnish, just adds some detail and ties in with the Black door handles.

Profile photo of cava454
    cava454
    Supporter

It’s been a week. I feel like the next post will be the car in colour finished.

Profile photo of Judge1 Frazer
    Judge1 Frazer
    Participant
    Supporter

Yes not normal for Ian not to post I assume he is all good

VRSenator065
    Participant
    • Adelaide SA

• View build HERE
    Supporter

I think he is still beavering away :good:

Profile photo of

It’s been hard to get enthused about posting here after FaceBook recently broke all the pic links, I don’t have enough Date each month to upload twice hence I’ve been using FB and linking here.

I went back and relinked a bunch of pages then lost heart when I noticed everything else was gone, last time I did a relink it took most of a day for half the thread.

Another day done!

Profile photo of cava454
    cava454
    Supporter

Killer stuff Ian. Just link the new stuff. I don’t care for old news hahaha

Profile photo of

LoL Cav, I’ll go back through it bit by bit and repair it, thanks I’m happy with the progress, I’ll get the hang on panels primered then give it all a light sand and make a start on colour.

Profile photo of

Paint prep the Natural enemy of someone with OCD… started at 10:30 finished at 4:00… Total paint time 12 minutes…

Profile photo of

That’s enough for today, vegg time!

Profile photo of

Watched a couple of hours of Car racing then got bored, anyone that’s known me awhile will know this can be a bad/dangerous thing..not so this time, I was productive, might have a day off tomorrow.

Profile photo of

Went down and fiddled, I’ve worked out a way to prep the Primer for topcoat that doesn’t rub through all the hardlines on the car, this will save me a LOT of time at this stage and being a Race car it really doesn’t need to be blocked back to a mirror finish.. also blew a coat of Satin Black on the Radiator support. Off to Bendigo for a change..

Profile photo of

Sanding sanding sanding… had a few rub throughs so had to blow a bit more Primer in places, will have another crack tomorrow, I may have to settle for a touch more Peel than I’d like and hope there’s enough Topcoat for the final cutNpolish..

Profile photo of

The battle of the OCD continues, I went back down and gave the blow in sections a rub with some Red and then Grey scrubbers,

good enough to paint over once I sand back the putty in the stone dent on the nose and primer it, I think this will be the new “plan” hit the peely areas with the 600 soft touch pads then follow up with the scrubbers.

I’m NOT going to do the TV Car Show BS of spraying everything with 3mm of high build primer then sanding a BMW shape out of it before painting, it just needs to be one colour and presentable, after the first event it’ll look like arse anyway.

VRSenator065
    Participant
    • Adelaide SA

• View build HERE
    Supporter

Looking great mate, I agree with Cav, don’t stress buddy, be great to eventually get the links back but that’s no rush.

Profile photo of

Thanks Gary, I just need to not get carried away and end up with something I don’t want to race in case it get’s scratched or dinged..

I’ll restore links a few pages at a time as I go..

Profile photo of Judge1 Frazer
    Judge1 Frazer
    Participant
    Supporter

You could try Flickr this is what I use like puss bucket , links don’t drop away

Profile photo of

I live in a remote area Frazer, I can only get wireless broadband here and only to one tower 14km away so I have limited data, if I have to upload twice it’ll eat my allowance, as it is I’m usually starving on the last couple of days each month..

Profile photo of

Started getting a bit OCD so called it a day, Nose cone and Boot lid are ready for Paint, one Door and the other isn’t far off, made a start on the bumpers, they have lots of Voids…

I spotted a tiny blem in the original paint showing through and ended up sanding that area back to bare… Bzzzz, knock that shit off numptie..

Profile photo of

That went from Bad to worse, knocked over the Doors  and filled more Voids in the glass bumpers then decided to have a look at the Bonnet to see if I could save it, started with the front Lip and the Pits go right to the Primer.. fuckit..

Sanded most of the crap off and Rattle canned it Satin Black, got stuck into the bonnet with some 120 grit on the DA, bzzz clogs like a bitch, the paint below the surface isn’t hard at all.. arghhh

Tried some 120 on the long board, more of the same, 36 ditto, ended up with 80 wet so it means a LOT of work ahead, rang the supplier just waiting on a call back.. grrr

Viewing 20 posts - 1,361 through 1,380 (of 1,536 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.