This topic contains 1,534 replies, has 19 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of cava454 cava454 3 years, 2 months ago.

Viewing 20 posts - 1,221 through 1,240 (of 1,536 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of VRSenator065
    VRSenator065
    Participant
    • Adelaide SA
    • VR Senator LSx454 1960 Kombi (project) 1921 Nash Hot Rod (future project)

• View build HERE
    Supporter

I assume Cav was just taking the piss!  Easy to get to and troubleshoot in between races is the go on a motorsport car. Even with the kart you start off pretty but pretty soon it evolves into something easy to access, remove and refit when it gets busy in the pits.

Profile photo of
    Anonymous Member since: January 1, 1970

LoL, I don’t think he was, Motorsports is a totally different mindset to building a nice road car, in the past I’d have taped and tucked things away where possible but after the last 3+ years of competition I see the wisdom in making life easier!

Profile photo of cava454
    cava454
    Supporter

Hahha. I was hoping you’d bite so I can tell you to hide it under the carpet lol.

Profile photo of

:wacko:

——————–

Thought about the top fuse panel mount I made, it needed something… SPEEDHOLES, got that done then extended the ABS pump wiring..

VRSenator065
    Participant
    • Adelaide SA

• View build HERE
    Supporter

This thing is really coming along nice.  The Binky boys add weight with brackets, you take it away with speed holes :yes:

Profile photo of

Trying NOT to do the BattleCruiser thing again, if I can safely lighten things I’m happy to do it!

———————————————

Done, longer day than expected, I wired up the DBW throttle, of course the wire colours didn’t match between harnesses so I repinned the new connector.

Figured I’d do something “easy” the taillights.. bzzz BMW had other ideas, couldn’t make sense of it so ended up pulling the lights and wiring then going through it pin by pin..

Turns out BMW made the connectors interchangeable on both lights but the circuit board in each light is a bit different, swapped them around and bingo..

VRSenator065
    Participant
    • Adelaide SA

• View build HERE
    Supporter

Not a lot of BMW left…

Profile photo of

In hindsight this is a VERY good thing!

Profile photo of

Another day done, somehow my brain farted and told me I’d deleted the windscreen washer circuit so with that in mind I went down and did the Fuel Pump wiring and Control circuits..

Once completed I set about the Washer wiring, looked at my donor harnesses but it was only partial on both, decided to work out the pinout on the Stalk then backtrack that wire through the loom..

Much to my annoyance by the time I got to the end of the wire I found the neatly labelled connector… DOH never trust the brain… It lies, bad brain, the only other two pin offset Molex plug I can think of in that area is the Horn..

VRSenator065
    Participant
    • Adelaide SA

• View build HERE
    Supporter

Lol, thats funny IJ, I have done exactly the same thing.  Or another one I have been guilt off is buying a replacement tool as I have “lost” the old one.  When it arrives I think, where shall put it?  Sure enough when I pick a nice safe spot, what is there already, yep the same bloody tool that I couldn’t find. Dohh :wacko:

Profile photo of

Lmao here, done the exact same thing with tools..  :whistle:

VRSenator065
    Participant
    • Adelaide SA

• View build HERE
    Supporter

You must be starting to get down the to do list…

Profile photo of

Wiring and Paint…. Almost there..  B-)

VRSenator065
    Participant
    • Adelaide SA

• View build HERE
    Supporter

Nice.

Profile photo of

Thanks!

Starting to get a little excited but having said that it’s not looking good for getting back to racing this year.. The Club Pres at one of my tracks has donated the Track for a TestNtune day so at least I’ll get a run once it’s all done..

VRSenator065
    Participant
    • Adelaide SA

• View build HERE
    Supporter

The world is still very much in a state of flux. Who bloody knows what the future holds. But hopefully not too long and we see this thing fire a shot in anger!!

Profile photo of

Here they’re saying we’re on the tipping point for the 2nd wave… Motorsports events are limited to 20 people so none of the clubs will go ahead as it’s not viable to pay a couple of grand for the permits..

VRSenator065
    Participant
    • Adelaide SA

• View build HERE
    Supporter

We have been watching what’s going on over the border. Not good.

Profile photo of

Be a good idea to close the borders again, morons here just don’t get it.

Profile photo of

That was an interesting afternoon, I had a very kind and much appreciated offer of a loan of a Jetfire heater from Shirley and Tom, I’m not much for borrowing things in case they get damaged..

I’ve had a search running on eBay for awhile now and one I’ve had my eye on had dropped in price so a trip to Bacchus Marsh was in order, went out through Daylesford and apparently if you’re Gay or a Yuppy social distancing rules don’t apply..

Got to where I was going and the seller was telling me the heater works great but is really heavy on gas, the first give away was the Teflon tape on the left hand regulator fitting, they seal on a brass taper, the second was the broken o-ring between the taper and threaded sleeve..

Bit surprised he didn’t blow himself to kingdom come, I think this all came about as the brass taper had a few dings so probably never sealed, pulled it apart chucked it in the lathe polished the dings and it’s working perfectly with no leaks!

Viewing 20 posts - 1,221 through 1,240 (of 1,536 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.