This topic contains 1,534 replies, has 19 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of cava454 cava454 3 years, 2 months ago.

Viewing 20 posts - 1,241 through 1,260 (of 1,536 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of VRSenator065
    VRSenator065
    Participant
    • Adelaide SA
    • VR Senator LSx454 1960 Kombi (project) 1921 Nash Hot Rod (future project)

• View build HERE
    Supporter

Nice score.

Profile photo of
    Anonymous Member since: January 1, 1970

Yeah I thought so, couldn’t see dropping $600+ on one, this was well under half price, this time of year it’s a bit impossible to paint without it..

VRSenator065
    Participant
    • Adelaide SA

• View build HERE
    Supporter

….this time of year it’s a bit impossible for us old farts to work in the shed without it..

;-)

Profile photo of

LMAO, thanks for the edit..  :yes:

—————————————-

Got some more wiring done, Dash and Steering column are full wired, dug out the engine fan wiring and made sense of it.

Profile photo of

Another day another section done, Switch panel partially wired up, need to do the gauges but that has to wait till I do the engine loom, still so much left to do, two weeks was way optimistic, I can only do four hours at a time..

VRSenator065
    Participant
    • Adelaide SA

• View build HERE
    Supporter

Don’t set yourself a deadline mate. It’s not like you are 25 and fully fit. Who cares. We are loving watching the build. Take your time. Do what you can when you can.

Profile photo of

Thanks Gary,

I’ll just plod along and it’ll be done when it’s done, feeling it a lot more these days..

Profile photo of vin
    vin
    Participant

I would have to agree with Senator Gary :good:

AA work of art isn’t created overnight, Rome wasn’t built in a day, twas built brick by brick and you have a hell of a brick creation @IJ,

gives the rest of us much inspiration for our own things we try and achieve.

Like art, if/when your feeling flat, occasionally take some time of and just admire what you have done and it will surely give you inspiration and freshness next when you start progress on it again.

Most times, its the journey along the rainbow that is worth more than the pot at the end of the rainbow.

Nice work IJ you have many admiring your work/effort :good:

Profile photo of

Thanks Vin, often wonder if anyone is following along as there isn’t a lot of input on Forums these days..

I find taking pics and posting helps me keep it clear in my head, with the cold weather I’m finding it a bit hard to get going each day, once I start I’m fine but it’s really easy to have a CBF’d day.

On the home stretch now, I’d cut a LOT of corners on the Lexcen build, not so much this time so it’s blown out a bit, still a damn sight faster than Binky and I’m doing it all on my own..  ;-)

Profile photo of Micks
    Micks
    Participant

Great progress IJ, some split black convoluted conduit will go nicely over any exposed harness. :good:

Profile photo of

Today End!

Well that was fun… not, chucked the exhaust back on the engine so I could layout the Wbo2 sensor wiring along with the Trans Temp sender wires as I want to bundle them with the engine harness.

I then had to shorten the harness 150mm, instead of depinning the connector I just spliced one wire at a time and fed it through the Grommet offsetting each splice, ran out of crimps as there’s a second connector that needs the same treatment so off to Bendigo.

Profile photo of Judge1 Frazer
    Judge1 Frazer
    Participant
    Supporter

Awesome carry on sir

VRSenator065
    Participant
    • Adelaide SA

• View build HERE
    Supporter

Yea nice work. This weather is shite for aches and pains mate. I too wonder about forums. But it’s just the modern world unfortunately. And mate we are watching and learning. It’s a friggin monumental build. Easily the best of its kind anywhere on thenthe  Anywhere.

Profile photo of

Pretty full day, started by running the Starter motor wire into my engine harness, normally it’s all in the engine bay and is part of a sub loom that includes the alternator wires and cables.

When I nodded the engine harness the other day I just did a rough measurement and that was good enough, this time it has to be exact and I CBF’d putting the engine back in so I made a fixture..

Worked perfectly so I moved onto the electric power steering pump, I bought an 80amp auto reset circuit breaker the other day, ran a big arse cable to it as it’ll be a power distribution point for the inter cooler fans.

Ran another big cable out for the alternator charge, it all goes to the two main bulkhead connectors.

VRSenator065
    Participant
    • Adelaide SA

• View build HERE
    Supporter

Neat as usual sir, I like your style!!

Profile photo of

Thanks Gary, pretty happy with it, probably overkill on the cables but I’m not chasing Grams on this build so overkill is fine!

VRSenator065
    Participant
    • Adelaide SA

• View build HERE
    Supporter

Its also offset by the potential for electrical gremlins out on the track, so its justifiable overkill if you see what I mean.

Profile photo of

Yeah for sure, that’s my take on it as well, electrically the Lexcen was faultless in competition so I’m sticking with what worked.

Just making it neater and more user friendly this time, in the Lex I pretty much just jammed the full VZ harnesses in and called it a day..

Profile photo of Micks
    Micks
    Participant

Again great progress IJ, good thing you can take your time getting all this right whilst under this pandemic! It’s not looking good there in Mexico with increased diagnosed cases on a daily basis.

Profile photo of

I posted on the Vic Emergency page that the second wave was about to hit and got hammered by all the Lefties…

They’ve all gone Silent now, it hasn’t gone into geometric progression yet but it’s ramping up… Seems to be +10 each day.

It’ll reach a tipping point soon and will turn to total shit..

Viewing 20 posts - 1,241 through 1,260 (of 1,536 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.