This topic contains 1,534 replies, has 19 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of cava454 cava454 3 years, 2 months ago.

Viewing 20 posts - 481 through 500 (of 1,536 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of
    Anonymous Member since: January 1, 1970

LOL Thanks Gary!

Profile photo of

Blood test results didn’t come in on Friday, I have to go back tomorrow for an ultrasound on the area, my CT scan did come in and it’s not a spinal issue, I’m thinking a torn muscle that’s wiped out nerves and that’s giving me the arm pain..

This may mean the end of this build and racing in general..

Profile photo of Micks
    Micks
    Participant

Hey IJ, lets hopes that’s not the case buddy!!

Profile photo of

Will find out in the morning Mick, I’d cross my fingers but it hurts too much..

Profile photo of VRSenator065
    VRSenator065
    Participant
    • Adelaide SA
    • VR Senator LSx454 1960 Kombi (project) 1921 Nash Hot Rod (future project)

• View build HERE
    Supporter

What!!! NOOOOOOOOOOOO!

Profile photo of

Bloods were ok except for some inflammation markers.. DUH

My Doctor has decided that she doesn’t know what’s wrong so will leave me suffer for a couple of weeks to see if it get’s better on it’s own… way to go NOT

So I’ll be stoned for the next two weeks as it’s the only way to cope with the pain, long term NFI but doesn’t fill me with confidence.

Profile photo of VS 5.0
    VS 5.0
    Participant

Sorry to hear about the injury.

My Doctor has decided that she doesn’t know what’s wrong so will leave me suffer for a couple of weeks to see if it get’s better on it’s own…

Can’t believe the quack hasn’t sent you for scans.

Second opinion required.

Profile photo of

Had a CT and Blood work done…

Thanks for the concern Dude!

————————————–

Well that was an adventure, had to go into the village to collect some parcels, luckily I was able to park at the back door and the lovely Helen helped me load them into the Tonner..

Drive in the pain was down from an 11/10 to a 9/10 yaay me..

Replacement set of short shocks to replace the long shocks I can’t use, also bid on an LS barbell for the oiling system in the big engine, I usually don’t bother with the bidding on eBay shit but this time figured nothing to lose..

If anyone needs so 7kgx200x70 springs I have many sets here cheap as.

$8 and no one else bid, U can’t buy the material for that let alone the hour or so to make it.. winning.

Profile photo of Micks
    Micks
    Participant

“Can’t believe the quack hasn’t sent you for scans.

Second opinion required.”

Many peeps get sent home from Hospital cause they can’t diagnose or know what’s wrong with them!

Good pickup on the barbell mate, Mick will buy one too soon for the third go at fixing the rear main leak! Doh!!!

Profile photo of cava454
    cava454
    Supporter

Those billet  barbells are meant to be a good little investment to help with oil pressure issues.

Profile photo of cava454
    cava454
    Supporter

Those billet  barbells are meant to be a good little investment to help with oil pressure issues.

Profile photo of

Just figure while the Motor is in and out a bit may as well fit one, mine has great pressure but it can’t hurt and at $8 why wouldn’t ya..  ;-)

————————————————-

With the test results not horrible and nothing that looks like it’ll be a long term issue health wise I’ll proceed with the BMW Build and as I’ve missed the window for the events I really wanted to enter this year I’ll remove ALL of the self imposed deadlines and pressure and say it might be done in 2019 but more likely won’t turn a wheel in anger till 2020..

I’d started to push a bit too hard in recent weeks and am now paying the price for that, just coincidence that it aligned with my 57th birthday, thought I might make 60 before I started to fall apart..

Profile photo of Micks
    Micks
    Participant

Happy Birthday IJ!!

I never xp pain till I was 40, they say life begins at 40! :hmmm:

Profile photo of

Thanks Mick, it was just another day albeit one filled with pain and misery.. but I’ve had plenty of those over the years..

Profile photo of cava454
    cava454
    Supporter

Put the feet up. Come mine. Help me. No heavy lifting. Food beer and extra pain relief if needed.

Profile photo of

Thanks for the offer Cav, I wouldn’t make the trip down sorry, also I don’t drink so not much of an enticement  ;-)

I’ll rest up the remainder of the week and see how I pull up, really don’t want to risk a relapse.

Profile photo of

Had to take the Bin out, went down to the shed to empty the Bin there into it and while I was there I had a quick “fiddle” with my new Coilovers, there are 2 of my LCA mounting holes that are 50mm apart and with a bit of juggling of parts I can make each set of shocks 50mm different in lengths so that’s a win, I can also adjust the Tarmac Set so the tyres clear the inner guards and towers at full compression so no additional cutting required.

VRSenator065
    Participant
    • Adelaide SA

• View build HERE
    Supporter

Nice, good luck with the pain recovery mate.

Profile photo of

Thanks Gary,

Slight improvement each day, just hard to do the enforced “rest” thing, it is allowing time to think and plan though. Looking at 2020 now as there’s no chance of getting it done this year..

VRSenator065
    Participant
    • Adelaide SA

• View build HERE
    Supporter

No sense setting an unachievable target date anyway mate.  Especially given your health issue,  slow and steady wins the race. :good:

Viewing 20 posts - 481 through 500 (of 1,536 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.