This topic contains 1,534 replies, has 19 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of cava454 cava454 3 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 20 posts - 501 through 520 (of 1,536 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of
    Anonymous Member since: January 1, 1970

It was achievable before the project bloat set in  ;-)

————————————————

Had to go down and bring the bin in, figured while I was there is have a fiddle, has heaps of tyre clearance at full compression now, a genuine -3 degrees camber is a lot with big tyres and a narrow track, also confirmed the rear flares I got will work.

Profile photo of Micks
    Micks
    Participant

Those billet barbells are meant to be a good little investment to help with oil pressure issues.

The biggest issue with the stock plastic barbell is that it can allow un filtered oil due to it’s ordinary tolerances. Not good in a built engine!

Profile photo of

I’ve often wondered why there isn’t a second O ring to correct the issue..

Profile photo of VRSenator065
    VRSenator065
    Participant
    • Adelaide SA
    • VR Senator LSx454 1960 Kombi (project) 1921 Nash Hot Rod (future project)

• View build HERE
    Supporter

Now you are talking about something I know about!  A second O ring can actually be a really bad thing.  If there is a slight leak past the first O ring it effectively pressurizes the space between the two. Then as it all cools down it leaks past the second. Effectively you have created a smalls pump.  If one o ring doesn’t work two won’t either.  For what it’s worth I spent some time radiusing the sharp edges where it fits. 99% of O ring problems occur due to the first few seconds of their life.  I.e. when they are fitted.

• This reply was modified 4 years, 7 months ago by Profile photo of VRSenator065 VRSenator065.
    Profile photo of

I’ll give it a good deburr when it’s time to fit mine, thanks for the tip!

VRSenator065
    Participant
    • Adelaide SA

• View build HERE
    Supporter

I am sure you have this covered.  But it’s all about the lube and feel when installing O rings. Kinda like life really ha ha .

Profile photo of Heron SSV
    Heron SSV
    Participant

it’s all about the lube and feel

Did you have a bit of Barry White playing in the background while you wrote this  :whistle:

VRSenator065
    Participant
    • Adelaide SA

• View build HERE
    Supporter

it’s all about the lube and feel

Did you have a bit of Barry White playing in the background while you wrote this

smooooooooth baaaaaby

Profile photo of

lol  B-)

Profile photo of Micks
    Micks
    Participant

Glad your easing back into the saddle again IJ :good:

Profile photo of

No real choice Mick, has to be slowly slowly can’t risk a relapse it hurts too much..

Profile photo of Immortality
    Immortality
    Participant

LOL this thread taken a bit of a turn.  I’ve been trying to tell people for years O rings like a bit of lube just like your missus does….

Hope you get better soon, I can sympathize with the pain issue and not been able to do what you want, my surgeon this week said another 3 months before he thinks the shoulder will be back to reasonable strength/use.

Profile photo of

Thanks, I’m well over it, at least I’ve identified the cause and will take steps to make sure it doesn’t happen again.. 3 months would be a massive pita..

Profile photo of Judge1 Frazer
    Judge1 Frazer
    Participant
    Supporter

Thanks, I’m well over it, at least I’ve identified the cause and will take steps to make sure it doesn’t happen again.. 3 months would be a massive pita..

I hear you all I’m 2 months into a 4.5 month surgery and rehab on my arm can’t do jake shit apart from eat to much

Profile photo of Micks
    Micks
    Participant

“LOL this thread taken a bit of a turn.  I’ve been trying to tell people for years O rings like a bit of lube”

Unless it uses teflon then lube is a no go!! :yes:

Profile photo of

I hear you all I’m 2 months into a 4.5 month surgery and rehab on my arm can’t do jake shit apart from eat to much

Yeah been there done that, hope your next 2 months goes quickly Dude!

Profile photo of

I stopped taking the heavy pain meds yesterday and felt clear headed enough to go down and do a bit..

The old Koni’s have a 1mm bigger pilot shaft where the spring seats locate, I CBF’d making 4 new seats as it means a trip to Melbourne which I’m just not up to atm, I thought up a plan the last couple of days.

I bored the holes to 19mm made some press fit inserts then machined them and bored the correct size holes, I now have my 2 full sets of shocks again, one set 50mm longer for dirt tracks.

Profile photo of

Had a thought on the heavy springs I use for Tarmac events, I may not get enough sag to set the ride height I want, I’m limited to how far I can wind the Coilovers down before the tyres hit, went back down and took some measurements, I can use my old helper springs to set my static heights no probs!

Profile photo of Judge1 Frazer
    Judge1 Frazer
    Participant
    Supporter

Yeah been there done that, hope your next 2 months goes quickly Dude!

cheers Ian , don’t over do yourself either

Profile photo of

Thanks Frazer, I did half a day and my bod let me know when it was enough.. I’ll just plod along and do what I can, any progress is a bonus at this point, just hope driving gets a bit easier as my place is pretty isolated..

Viewing 20 posts - 501 through 520 (of 1,536 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.