HomeForumsTechnical – GeneralECU & TuningAnyone have access to gm fault finding procudure?

This topic contains 13 replies, has 7 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of sands vs sands vs 8 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of sands vs
    sands vs
    Participant

Hi guys,

Family members ve senator ls3 auto my08. It has died and come up safety mode enabled power reduced came up. Pulled a code PO601 Internal Control Module memory check sum error.

Clear the code, disconnect the battery. Starts for few seconds, minutes then dies.

Does anyone have the genuine holden diagnosis procedure for this code what to check etc. Apparently could mean a few things.

Im getting told a lot of mixed things from dead computer, to corrupt file to engine loom etc.

The internal holden documents are quite indepth on what to check step by step anyone have access to this would be greatly appreciated

• This topic was modified 8 years, 4 months ago by Profile photo of sands vs sands vs.
    sands vs
    Participant

Anyone at least know how to get out the computer or what we have to remove to get to see the serial on the computer?

We have a dead ve so any help would be muchly appreciated

• This reply was modified 8 years, 4 months ago by Profile photo of sands vs sands vs.
    Profile photo of VRSenator065
    VRSenator065
    Participant
    • Adelaide SA
    • VR Senator LSx454 1960 Kombi (project) 1921 Nash Hot Rod (future project)

• View build HERE
    Supporter

Don’t know that theres too may VE guys on here Sands, maybe post it on the fb page?

sands vs
    Participant

Cheers mate, bloody over complicated things they are..

Holden tells me tow it to us, leave it with us for a week new computer and the computer has to be sent to hsv. $2200 plus.

Yeah ill get online.

Profile photo of VRSenator065
    VRSenator065
    Participant
    • Adelaide SA
    • VR Senator LSx454 1960 Kombi (project) 1921 Nash Hot Rod (future project)

• View build HERE
    Supporter

Yea, a mate has a VE, have to say does seem they are a definite change to a less “user serviceable” platform.

Profile photo of VH308
    VH308
    Participant

I think the ecu is under the fuse panel on driver side

Maybe suss out http://www.injectronics.com.au i cant search the car as im on my phone and it doesnt display properly but we send alot of ecu and pcm stuff their way :)

Profile photo of NickVR
    NickVR
    Participant
    Supporter

Sometimes when they throw heaps of random codes it means the battery os on it’s way out. My dad’s omega did that and one of the work cars (Ford Fiesta) did it recently.

Seems that is a common things with newer cars these days. If you know someone with a VE swap the battery out to try. No point buying a new one if it isn’t dead.

Profile photo of
    Anonymous Member since: January 1, 1970

Sometimes when they throw heaps of random codes it means the battery os on it’s way out. My dad’s omega did that and one of the work cars (Ford Fiesta) did it recently. Seems that is a common things with newer cars these days. If you know someone with a VE swap the battery out to try. No point buying a new one if it isn’t dead.

This, E38’s are a whiny bitch at the best of times, takes very little for them to chuck a wobbly!

Profile photo of Surfwagon
    Surfwagon
    Participant
    Supporter

This, E38’s are a whiny bitch at the best of times, takes very little for them to chuck a wobbly!

I’ve heard the same about the E38 ecu glad the VZ LS2 HSV’s used the slightly bigger and been told better E40 ecu.

Funny how the LS2 in the VE used the E38 same as all other VE’s

Profile photo of benk
    benk
    Participant

I’ve heard the same about the E38 ecu glad the VZ LS2 HSV’s used the slightly bigger and been told better E40 ecu. Funny how the LS2 in the VE used the E38 same as all other VE’s

actually I’ve found the E40 to be way more picky than the E38. E55 which is the small Alloytec ECU fitted on the cal head is by far the worst. Whoever thought it was a good idea to mount an ECU filled with tiny hairsized wires to the head and subject it to all the vibrations of each running engine really needs a recalibration…

some E38’s end up with random corruption of the Flash chip, no one that I know of can say exactly why it happens but could be anything from a bad flash program or voltage spike during cranking with weak battery etc.

Profile photo of benk
    benk
    Participant

Btw the E40 was a cross over between LS1 pcm and the E38 ECM (has same processor as the LS1 but rest of the architecture is more like an E38) from memory the E40 talks on the VPW bus where as E38 is CAN which is why the VE would use a E38 as they are all CAN bus.

sands vs
    Participant

Thanks so much guys some brilliant and quite helpful information there. Looks like as meantioned above a battery issue. Brought a brand new 780cca battery its a beast lets hope no more gremlins… But its a ve commodore so…………..

sands vs
    Participant

Well new battery and its still dying put a 780cca in it . We have ordered a new computer from the states and will get justin from ultimate wiring to copy it all over.

sands vs
    Participant

Anyway turns out it was the computer in the end. Cars all sorted big thanks to justin from ultimate wiring top guy to deal with cant recommend him highly enough.

https://www.facebook.com/Ultimateconversionwiring/?fref=ts

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.