HomeForumsTechnical – GeneralECU & Tuningwater/meth injection kits

This topic contains 5 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of BTS666.0 BTS666.0 7 years, 8 months ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of BTS666.0
    BTS666.0
    Participant

Does anyone have any experience with water/meth injection on their turbo v8? E85 isn’t really an option here, with only one shop selling it. Plus i would need to re -do most of my fuel system as it was done before E85. I am just curious if it is really worth the extra expense? And how long does the boost juice type of products last? As in shelf life? Or is it better to make your own from distilled water and methanol? I have done a bit of research on the net and talked to the guy who tunes my car a while ago and still can’t decide if I want the extra expense.  Any info and links to good kits and pre made juice would be good. Thanks guys.

...so I said "orange ya glad I didn't say banana?"........hahahaha.....hhhmmmm...pffft.....

Profile photo of HDN05L
    HDN05L
    Participant
    Supporter

Hi mate i also looked long and hard at W/M injection and was about to pull the trigger on a snow kit, if you read my build thread you can find some comments from other members.

I ended up going A2A first and then see what temps are like first before W/M.

Also have a look at Vs 355 Ute as he is running a W/M injection set up.

BTS666.0
    Participant

thanks mate. will have look now

...so I said "orange ya glad I didn't say banana?"........hahahaha.....hhhmmmm...pffft.....

Profile photo of vs manta 218
    vs manta 218
    Participant
    Supporter

Hi buddy

I have a water methanol system on my car, I have never actually used it yet but I do plan on it soon

when I was getting myn I asked on SC forum back in the days and the guy with the 1200rwhp VX wagon told me about his system

its ts from states and called acohole injection systems

you can google that and find them but must call them at like 7am here to catch them at 4pm the day before  there so no good calling on Monday morning

they are top of the line products and better then that is the guy, think his name is Rodney is very very knowledge able on how to set up the system

i have a blowen 355 and with my HP, boost, CI, rpm and air temps he determined that I needed 2 by 8 gallon a hour @100psi  nozzles at 8-10 inches from throttle and to set my pump to around 170psi for my set up

for or turbo set ups depending on air temps he may suggest a small nozzle direct into turbo or before the cooler and another nozzle before throttle body or what ever he suggest

I need to contact them again as my system has now changed and I plan on running 100% meth purely for racing purposes  as I have efi live so I can have a tune with out it and racing time I can just upload meth injection tune then just upload normal tune and turn it off

the pump and boot mounted tank look very high quality, they will supply any list of parts you want for your system, can have low level alarm, I have a progressive to boost system or can get a normal on off system

great company to deal with

Profile photo of vs manta 218
    vs manta 218
    Participant
    Supporter

Looking now they have changed there name to pro meth and have some serious stuff now

i have the 3 gallon tank on there site and pump mounted Under the tank all as a part of it

http://prometh.com/collections/all

• This reply was modified 7 years, 8 months ago by Profile photo of vs manta 218 vs manta 218.
    BTS666.0
    Participant

Excellent. Thanks mate. Will look at that site after work.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.