This topic contains 6 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Jordan Jordan 8 years, 2 months ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Jordan
    Jordan
    Participant

So I’m getting closer and closer to my full licence and it was time to start looking for a car. After more changes of mind than i can count i narrowed it down to a VZ clubby or a VE S2 ute. Two very different cars yes i know!

I was looking for a good couple of months and i had seen this car for a couple of weeks but never even given it a chance with the wheels and plates that were on it, just did not present nicely. When i finally gave it a chance and went into the ad, it ticked a lot of boxes i wanted.

I’d always been one for never buying a modified car and doing all the work yourself, something about it being more satisfying. After looking at this, taking it for a drive and a lot of thinking. This car had what i intended to do regardless! And i knew it would be saving me a lot of money.

With 10K+ in engine receipts within 20 thou kms, reasonable km, leather, sunroof, local and cheap! I jumped on it.

Immediately i was on the hunt for new wheels and managed to organise a swap with another local bloke for some VZ r8 wheels, restyled the plates and now i really dig the look of it (apart from being 4wd spec). Anyway, here is my newest car that I’m legally not even allowed to drive!

I’m going to get in contact with the mob who did all the work to the car to clarify what specs the Camshaft is and a bit of info on the clutch, as the receipts don’t help me at all.

Model: VZ Clubsport No. 0036

Kilometres: 130XXX

Color: Phantom Black

Engine:

– Six-ohh, LS2

– Stage 3 Camshaft

– OTR Intake

– NGK Iridium Spark Plugs

– Patriot Gold Dual Valve Springs

– Moly Pushrods

– Performance lifters

– All new Leads

– ARP Head Bolts

– Titanium Retainers

– Heavy Duty Locks

Exhaust: ‘Custom’ from headers back. High Flow Cats

Gearbox: T56 W/ Stage 2 Clutch Kit

Diff: Standard 3.46

Interior: HSV Black Leather

Wheels: Standard 19’s

Misc:

– Factory Sunroof

– 05.CLUB plates

– Venetians

Future:

Get new badges for boot, ✓

– Get a couple of things painted, keep it looking good

– Airbags ✗ ~~ Coilovers✓

– Senator Boot Lip

– Darker Tint

– New headlights and VZ Calais Tail Lights

– Coulson front seats

– Potentially Head Unit

– Dash lights and instrument lights changed

How it looked advertised and when i bought it  :stress:

As it currently sits

VY-VZ Household  :good:

• This topic was modified 9 years ago by Profile photo of Jordan Jordan.
    • This topic was modified 9 years ago by Profile photo of Jordan Jordan.
    • This topic was modified 8 years, 9 months ago by Profile photo of Jordan Jordan.
    • This topic was modified 8 years, 8 months ago by Profile photo of Jordan Jordan.
    Profile photo of Michael
    Michael
    Participant
    Supporter

Forgot to say much better with those plates. You sourced a new r8 badge yet? If they can still be bought from Holden I can get it trade price for you.

• This reply was modified 9 years ago by Profile photo of Michael Michael.
    Profile photo of Jordan
    Jordan
    Participant

I’ve emailed gateway but no reply, not too much of a surprise either TBH.

I also need a 297 as well as its starting to pit. I watched an R8 one go the other day for $116, and today watched one go for $70 which i completely forgot about until the auction had ended!! The same seller had a 297 listed for $30 that didn’t even sell.

I might go into gateway and talk to spares see what they say

Profile photo of Jordan
    Jordan
    Participant

The tax man gave me some money back last month, so of course it was to be spent on the clubby!
    Finally got around to lowering it with a set of Oz Racing coilovers. Looking to spend the rest of the money on darker tint and VZ calais tail lights most probably

Also took her to power cruise, had an absolute blast of a time, i now just need to learn actually how to drive it how it should be driven!

Anyway, heres a couple of nicer and updated photos  :good:

• This reply was modified 8 years, 9 months ago by Profile photo of Jordan Jordan.
    Profile photo of VRSenator065
    VRSenator065
    Participant
    • Adelaide SA
    • VR Senator LSx454 1960 Kombi (project) 1921 Nash Hot Rod (future project)

• View build HERE
    Supporter

Lovely car mate.

Profile photo of Kroozer
    Kroozer
    Participant
    Supporter

Whole car is looking absolutely schmick mate!  :good:  Only thing I could change would be VZ Calais tailights (and your already doing that  :yes: ) and maybe a Rear roof spoiler  B-)

Profile photo of Jordan
    Jordan
    Participant

Been awhile,

Aside from a couple of minor things I’m just enjoying driving it, got

Powercruise this weekend and keen as to run it down the strip in the next couple of weeks

Since the last update I’ve got around to doing:

– ASR instrument LED conversion

– VZ calais tail lights

– Got a few things touched up, paint wise

– Bought a roof spoiler and its painted i just haven’t got it on yet

– New clutch

I had some dramas with the clutch and clutch operating system with two failures of the master cylinder, ended up getting a complete new clutch kit as well as new slave and master cylinders. Was really annoying organising a clutch with no idea what was put in it with all the engine work before i had it as the company wouldn’t disclose the information on either the cam or clutch

The clutch and flywheel that came out of it, very beat up.

The newie that went in this week

Got some 17″ wheels off a mate so i chucked on 4 brand new tyres for this weekend.

Was contemplating entering it in the saturday Show ‘N Shine, but bit hesitant after critiquing it this afternoon and not too sure what the classes are and what it’d be up against, ill sus out on the day.

No decent pictures sorry guys, just one i snapped quickly today after a wash

• This reply was modified 8 years, 2 months ago by Profile photo of Jordan Jordan.
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.