HomeForumsTechnical – GeneralSuspension[VT-VZ] Drop in Rear airbag Install

This topic contains 6 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Kroozer Kroozer 9 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Kroozer
    Kroozer
    Participant
    Supporter

So some time ago we installed Drop in air bags in my mates VZ Calais we have both never done it before so thought how hard could it be? and gave it a crack. :)

Height before we started I think this is on Kings SuperLows.

Started off by running the power cable to the boot, didn’t like the look of the power wire that came with the kit so made my own. hahah

Drilled a hole in the fire wall just under the bonnet release cable to run it into the car then run it under the drivers scuff plate with the body loom to the boot so it was hidden.

Next we mounted the compressor, found plenty of room above the diff for the bolts to go through the floor and that’s where Blake wanted it so went with that and had no problems.

The compressor kit runs a remote air inlet with filter so found a hole already in the parcel self so used that and also mounted the relay on the boot strut mount.

Then it was onto working out where to mount the gauges and controls and running the air lines to them. We decided that in the centre console was the best place for them so thats where they were mounted and we ran the lines from the boot into inside following the body loom and then under the carpet to the back of the centre console once again to keep it all neat and hidden .

The gauge is also Back lit so I piggy backed off the centre console light so that it will come on when you lift the lid with the other one.

Gauge and switches all mounted up nice and neat. :)

So the only thing to do now was to mount the bags and runs the lines to them. We decided to drill the holes on either side of the compressor cause once again we knew we had plenty of room.

Then I just tided up a couple things.

Done

All done! It wasn’t all that hard just time consuming trying to be neat and tidy probably about 8 or 9 hours it took us, but that was with some stuffing around and talking shit aswell hahaha

It air’s out pretty quick and pumps up pretty quick aswell and isn’t all that noisey :)

Now just have to do something about them stock front springs hahaha

And 5 months on and they are still going strong and haven’t had one single problem at all (That includes with the police ;) )

Profile photo of cava454
    cava454
    Supporter

I love how you did this. I have drop in bags in my car ute. Would love to mount a little compressor like that so I could pump it up via a switch.

Profile photo of Kroozer
    Kroozer
    Participant
    Supporter

I have drop in bags in my car ute.

Thanks mate :) <em>but what is a car ute? </em> hahaha

• This reply was modified 9 years, 2 months ago by Profile photo of Kroozer Kroozer.
    Profile photo of cava454
    cava454
    Supporter

ahh yes. My English no too good.

Profile photo of VRSenator065
    VRSenator065
    Participant
    • Adelaide SA
    • VR Senator LSx454 1960 Kombi (project) 1921 Nash Hot Rod (future project)

• View build HERE
    Supporter

Nice write up :)

Profile photo of MuntedL98
    MuntedL98
    Participant
    Supporter

Shall be stealing your write up for my thread when I can be bothered to put it up ! ;)

Profile photo of Kroozer
    Kroozer
    Participant
    Supporter

Shall be stealing your write up for my thread when I can be bothered to put it up ! ;)

You be leaving it where it is!

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.