This topic contains 29 replies, has 8 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of thatotherguy94 thatotherguy94 7 years, 2 months ago.

Viewing 10 posts - 21 through 30 (of 30 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of thatotherguy94
    thatotherguy94
    Participant

Trans cooler line going into the cooler split which made a bit of a mess. Was easier to take the front bar off to replace lines and clean up the mess it made. Also put an L67 cold air intake on.

thatotherguy94
    Participant

Calais is still going fine being a reliable cleanish daily. Put my old exhaust from the acclaim on this because the factory system was rusty and falling apart, basically just a 2 and 1/4 cat back with high flow muffler and a hot dog in the rear, just gives it note and isnt loud. Cleaned up the factory wheels this afternoon which turned out not too bad, the clear coat on them is stuffed but im not sure what to do about that yet.

Spokes before, whole side of the car was covered in grass from council workers mowing while it was parked outside of work..

Spokes after

Whole wheel done, no where near perfect but a lot better then they were before.

thatotherguy94
    Participant

Over the weekend I cleaned this up and listed it for sale, I put the ad up saturday afternoon, had someone message me about an hour later, and by sunday afternoon it was sold. Got picked up tonight. Just happened so quickly but I guess its because cars like this don’t come up for sale all that often. Im going to miss this car but onto other things now

Last picture as it was leaving..

Profile photo of sands vs
    sands vs
    Participant

Its very hard to find a clean vs especially a s2 calais. How much did it sell for if you dont mind me asking?

thatotherguy94
    Participant

Its very hard to find a clean vs especially a s2 calais. How much did it sell for if you dont mind me asking?

Yeah I know, I spent a year on and off looking for one before I got it. I sold it for $2800 which I was happy with. Had 218,xxx on the clock

Profile photo of sands vs
    sands vs
    Participant

No wonder it sold fast thats cheap thats a lot of car for the money

. whats the replacement going to be?

• This reply was modified 7 years, 2 months ago by Profile photo of sands vs sands vs.
    Profile photo of VSClubby355
    VSClubby355
    Participant

Can’t beat a VS2 Calais.  Well you can but I love mine

• This reply was modified 7 years, 2 months ago by Profile photo of VSClubby355 VSClubby355.
    thatotherguy94
    Participant

No wonder it sold fast thats cheap thats a lot of car for the money . whats the replacement going to be?

Yeah it probably was a bit cheap but being it was a quick sale I was happy to let it go for that, I payed less for it 2 years ago, although it was filthy and had a couple of issues. Replacement is an SSZ ute but I still have my acclaim which will never go anywhere.

Turismo SSZ ute

Can’t beat a VS2 Calais. Well you can but I love mine

I love them, they got the Calais perfect in series 2. I would own another but it would have to be factory V8

Profile photo of cava454
    cava454
    Supporter

I would of asked 5-7k personally. But as long as your happy.  :good:

thatotherguy94
    Participant

I would of asked 5-7k personally. But as long as your happy.

I couldnt see anyone paying 5-7K for a n/a V6 personally, But yeah im happy with what I got for it seeing as it was such a quick sale

Viewing 10 posts - 21 through 30 (of 30 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.