HomeForumsMembers’ Builds and RidesVN – VP – VR – VSVS GTS – 355, Slammed, cammed on GTS 20×9.5's

This topic contains 11 replies, has 8 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of GTS-213 GTS-213 9 years ago.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of GTS-213
    GTS-213
    Participant

Model: 1996 VS HSV GTS 215i Series 2 #250 “AVGTS”
    Colour: Silver Mink
    Engine Type: HSV 215i
    Engine Mods: Bored 30 thou (355ci), Block chemically cleaned, Balanced and blueprinted bottem end, ARP main stud kit
    Re-ground harrop crankshaft, Re-sized and shot peened A9L conrods with ARP rod bolts, probe forged pistons 10:1 compression, custom solid cam, solid lifters, Ported and polished heads done by Flowcraft (flow 550hp) stainless steel ferrera valves “2.02 intake and 1.6 exhaust”, Double valve springs, Yella terra “street terra” adjustable roller rockers, restrictor type pushrods, JP oil pump, high energy sump, powerbond harmonic balencer, Flowcraft Twin throttle body manifold
    Ignition: VT Distributor, Crane Hi6 ignition & LX92 coil
    Power: 289RWKW when last dyno’d
    Exhaust: Pacemaker 1 3/4 into metal cats and twin 3 inch system
    Gearbox: T56 6 speed with Textralia Z Grip Clutch and billet flywheel
    Diff: 4.11 With rebuilt and re-shimmed holden LSD
    Interior: Full HSV Leather
    Suspension: KYB Excel G shockers with King Spring SSL’s up front and SSSL’s in the rear, 4 point camber kit
    Brakes: DBA 330mm curve slotted with EBC Greenstuff pads up front with C4 Twin Piston calipers and DBA straight slotted with EBC Greenstuff pads on the rear
    Wheels/Tyres: Refurbished 17″ VS GTS with dunlop 3000 series tyres
    Power: Last dyno’d at 289.2RWKW
    Stereo: Sony 6×9 400w, Sony 6 inch 180w, Sony 4 channel 500W amp, Sony Sub 1300W, Pioneer Mp3 Head unit
    Other: VZ Monaro shifter, sprayed fuel tank, window tint

Profile photo of GTS-213
    GTS-213
    Participant

Model: 1996 VS HSV GTS 215i Series 1 #216 “GTS-213”
    Colour: Silver Silver mink
    Engine Type: HSV 215i
    Engine Mods: Stock as a rock besides a K & N cleanable filter
    Ignition: Standard ignition system with overhauled ignition module
    Exhaust: Standard except for a deleted rear muffler with twin pipes instead
    Gearbox: T56 6 speed with original clutch
    Diff: Standard 3:45 gears with original hydratrak diff
    Interior: Original GTS cloth trim
    Suspension: Rear IRS has been fitted with nolathane bushes, front still retains all standard holden bushes, Whiteline strut brace
    Brakes: Front – DBA 330mm 5000 series, 2 peice rotors with HAWK ceramic pads. Rears: Standard disc and original holden pads
    Wheels/Tyres: Original tri spoke wheels with semi slick tyres
    Power: 163RWKW dyno’d at charelton performance
    Stereo: Original premium upgrade stereo with auxilery jack instead on 10 stacker
    Other: An STi rear diffuser, All new badges and decals, new plenum chamber cover, New bonnet lining and clips, Better 2nd hand rear seats, new carbon fibre gearshift surround

Profile photo of GTS-213
    GTS-213
    Participant

Few pics of the exhaust I will some day get around to fitting

Profile photo of GTS-213
    GTS-213
    Participant

The latest photos of the revamped bay an how she is sitting on the 20’s. I am currently waiting to buy a haltech plug in computer and finally get rig of the kalmaker system as it is near impossible to find people in Sydney that have the software and knowledge to tune then properly.

Profile photo of
    Anonymous Member since: January 1, 1970

Yep kalmaker and delco are a disaster these days. I’ll be putting a platinum sport GM on mine too soon.

Profile photo of OLD GMH
    OLD GMH
    Participant

Mint GTS mate. Always loved this shape and colour, tough and still classy. VE GTS wheels look good but can’t go past the original wheels and low on these, Holden definitely got that right from the factory.

Profile photo of cava454
    cava454
    Supporter

You have really made Andys old car shine. I was devo when he sold that. I loved that thing.

Where did u buy ur exhaust from?

Profile photo of VRSenator065
    VRSenator065
    Participant
    • Adelaide SA
    • VR Senator LSx454 1960 Kombi (project) 1921 Nash Hot Rod (future project)

• View build HERE
    Supporter

Beautiful car mate, haven’t seen a CAI on the drivers side like that before, what make is it?

Profile photo of SSN8TD
    SSN8TD
    Participant

Pretty sure he custom made that gary

Profile photo of SSEN8R VS #1081
    SSEN8R VS #1081
    Participant
    Supporter

I see you got DBA 330mm on both cars. What caliper have you got? Do they fit under 17in rims fine?

sweet rides!

Profile photo of vs manta 218
    vs manta 218
    Participant
    Supporter

Nice cars

Iv been doin the kalmaker tune path as well but it took to long to turn up and I know haltechs are decent these days but I still have a few top end tuners telling me to stay away from them as they are a cheap solution to the kalmaker, old lap top issues

I have instead sent my harness to ultimate conversion wiring and for $1200 gets it modified to run a a LS ecu and comes back complete set up with ecu and ready to plug in and tune with any LS soft where and for closer to $2k can have a brand new harness made

Iv had 2 top end tuners tell me to do the LS ecu before using a haltech and iv only asked 3

The 3rd is still waiting for kalmaker ecu to be made and delivered

Profile photo of GTS-213
    GTS-213
    Participant

CAV – I bought it a few months ago from a company called manta performance in W.A, I deal with the at work and they would be the only company I know of that still make Australian made early commodore systems. As for “AVGTS” There is still a bit of work to go like roof lining re-trim, Fixing the bolster on the drivers seat, Getting a few dents and scratches fixed, Petty shit that can wait till the car is tuned an running and hopefully cracking the 300rwkw mark.

Gary as for the intake it is made by flowcraft in Melbourne but I am un-sure if they still make them or not, I do know Andy the original owner did have major drama’s with tracking one down

SSEN8R – Both GTS’s still use the factory twin piston 330mm calipers that were the factory option on the 215i models. There is plenty of room underneath the 17’s and I have seen the VT-VY premium 343mm brakes squeeze under the 17 inch tri spoke so the is plenty of room to go bigger than 330mm.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.