This topic contains 7 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of VRSenator065 VRSenator065 8 years, 7 months ago.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of exec24
    exec24
    Participant
    Supporter

I’ve been putting my VS back together since having it painted as i had the boot replaced and repainted the the boot release solenoid had to be refitted into the new boot lid.

now the problem i’ve got is as soon as you put power to the battery the boot release solenoid (sometimes this happens straight away but sometimes after say a 30 second delay) activates and in most cases stays on, like a constant clicking. and sometime it activate’s but doesn’t release at all until i turn the battery off again.

if i press the boot release button on the remote or the button in the glovebox nothing happens

any ideas………….

Profile photo of VRSenator065
    VRSenator065
    Participant
    • Adelaide SA
    • VR Senator LSx454 1960 Kombi (project) 1921 Nash Hot Rod (future project)

• View build HERE
    Supporter

Humm, not really although I do remember when I put mine back together it was actually quite tricky to get the linkages all hooked up correctly.  I wonder if you just have them slightly wrong?

Profile photo of sands vs
    sands vs
    Participant

I was thinking wiring/ sticky relay issue/bcm issue .

VRSenator065
    Participant
    • Adelaide SA

• View build HERE
    Supporter

^ certainly wouldn’t hurt to carefully check each connector and make sure the pins are all clean etc, 90% of electrical problems are actually wiring/connector related.

Profile photo of sands vs
    sands vs
    Participant

Yeah because its being powered when it shouldn’t be if im reading correctly?.  And not responding to key or button. So my thinking sticky relay causing it stick on or not come on at all. Or maybe faulty bcm what controls it through key button. Or is it connected right at the unit or too it

Profile photo of exec24
    exec24
    Participant
    Supporter

Humm, not really although I do remember when I put mine back together it was actually quite tricky to get the linkages all hooked up correctly. I wonder if you just have them slightly wrong?

well i did fit a manual cable release from a VS executive(as mine runs a Calais rear harness), but i have disconnected the boot lock to allow it to fit

I was thinking wiring/ sticky relay issue/bcm issue .

well, tomorrow i’ll double check the above first, then i’ll start going through wiring, I quickly double checked it today when i do press the boot release button on the remote, im sure i can hear either the BCM or a Relay Activate each time i press it but when i press the button in the glovebox nothing was working, so i might swap it over for a spare that i have and i’ll check the wiring to the boot for a broken or damaged wire.

im sure its something minor

• This reply was modified 8 years, 7 months ago by Profile photo of exec24 exec24.
    Profile photo of exec24
    exec24
    Participant
    Supporter

well i  checked the linkages but they seemed ok, so i disconnected the boot release actuator, and hooked the battery up, so i could check if the boot release on the remote without it going off.  i could hear the BCM activating, each time the remote button was pressed.

so then i pulled the glovebox switch out and when i did that, it too started working but the minute i pushed it back in the hole in the glove box it fits into it stopped again, so i pulled the dash apart and replaced the 2 wires for the glovebox switch, and put it down to a broken wire.

looks like it might be a common issue as the spare harness i have here for parts, had the insulation on both wire split in approximately the same spot.

but its all working now

VRSenator065
    Participant
    • Adelaide SA

• View build HERE
    Supporter

Good stuff, good to know.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.