HomeForumsTechnical – GeneralFuel Systemsvr-vs fuel setups

This topic contains 39 replies, has 9 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of LF24 LF24 9 years ago.

Viewing 20 posts - 21 through 40 (of 40 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of VRSenator065
    VRSenator065
    Participant
    • Adelaide SA
    • VR Senator LSx454 1960 Kombi (project) 1921 Nash Hot Rod (future project)

• View build HERE
    Supporter

Chill out buddy, just saying, not having a go or anything.  They are a great pump, gerotor style so nice and quiet, good quality.  There are a few good fuel guys in Oz, each has their own preferences, all good :good:

Profile photo of SSN8TD
    SSN8TD
    Participant

Chill out buddy, just saying, not having a go or anything. They are a great pump, gerotor style so nice and quiet, good quality. There are a few good fuel guys in Oz, each has their own preferences, all good

I wasnt getting my nickers in a twist, its hard to translate that over a forum, quite often bites us in the arse hey.

VRSenator065
    Participant
    • Adelaide SA

• View build HERE
    Supporter

No worries mate, all good.  Agreed I didn’t mean what I said to come across like that either, this forum aint like that :-)

Profile photo of vs manta 218
    vs manta 218
    Participant
    Supporter

Yeah i agree with about 1000hp

Yanks have a weird way of rating pumps for hp

Almost like they free flow them and go will at no pressure it flows X amount of litres and that will support 1500hp so we will say that

But really only see that power at 20-30psi boost and that gives a 65-80 psi fuel pressure so has a effect on fuel pressure

I had paid for that serge you have but then i changed my mind and asked and changed order to a sp1200

Love my aftermarket industries serge tank

Stunning the build and design quality

vs manta 218
    Participant
    Supporter

The fuelab pumps are the same

There is just no way a single prodigy pump could supply 1800hp

And stuff fuelab anyway complete puss

:cry:

Profile photo of SSN8TD
    SSN8TD
    Participant

Exactly.

Its been quite a humbling experience actually getting  a grasp around what a proper fuel system to suit your needs is required…. its been alot more involved than the supercharger itself and everyone has there own opinions on how to do it, atleast i know I wont be blowing a motor from a lack of fuel after all of this. To the OP best advice i can give you is get intouch with someone in the know and let them design something for you and go from there, i had people telling me a single walbro 460  no surge would be fine for my application and i got laughed at when i passed that on. Talk to the guys in the know buddy :)

Profile photo of SSN8TD
    SSN8TD
    Participant

Yeah i agree with about 1000hp Yanks have a weird way of rating pumps for hp Almost like they free flow them and go will at no pressure it flows X amount of litres and that will support 1500hp so we will say that But really only see that power at 20-30psi boost and that gives a 65-80 psi fuel pressure so has a effect on fuel pressure I had paid for that serge you have but then i changed my mind and asked and changed order to a sp1200 Love my aftermarket industries serge tank Stunning the build and design quality

Thats the base of what julian was telling me, no way can that pump supply a 1500hp motor in the real world.

+1 for there quality its incredible, billet surge tank mmmmmmm  :yes:

Why did you change to the Sp1200? did you want the tank in your boot and not undercar?

• This reply was modified 9 years ago by Profile photo of SSN8TD SSN8TD.
    vs manta 218
    Participant
    Supporter

Yeah i was having heat issues and iv got a custom drop tank and exhaust out each side and it would of been near muffler so changed to in boot set up

Profile photo of hsv865
    hsv865
    Participant
    Supporter

good advice bloke,theres a bit to it,especially  if car see corners or gets turned inside out.

good for a bit of a chin wag

got a laugh out of reactions too,i gotta sit back for a while after i type stuff,,haha

also later stuff with them cradles that drop in look good.

anyone measured one of them walbro’s,diameter,VS got a 60mm hole in tank,i’m trying to keep a fairly stock look,for the man really,haha

vs manta 218
    Participant
    Supporter

But now i see people bolting them up under parcel tray witch would work great

I also have a walbro 460 in tank

Im using a factory vs fuel sender

I just cut about 5mm of the pipe and it fitted between where the factory pumo sits and then i just welded a stainless hose clamp and that holds it in place

I also got some fuel tank fittings and mill spec wiring from efi hard ware and all works a treat

Profile photo of SSN8TD
    SSN8TD
    Participant

good advice bloke,theres a bit to it,especially if car see corners or gets turned inside out. good for a bit of a chin wag got a laugh out of reactions too,i gotta sit back for a while after i type stuff,,haha also later stuff with them cradles that drop in look good. anyone measured one of them walbro’s,diameter,VS got a 60mm hole in tank,i’m trying to keep a fairly stock look,for the man really,haha

If noone has one measured i can do it for you when mine shows up (just delayed atm because AI cant post due to the weather in NSW). Im sure they will fit – they need a couple mods to fit but they do work in there no worries

• This reply was modified 9 years ago by Profile photo of SSN8TD SSN8TD.
    Profile photo of Marzella
    Marzella
    Participant

Fuel pump flow rates aren’t exact, depends on the viscosity of fluid they are tested with and then what is used in real world. Fuel pump ‘hp ratings’ are a very very rough figure.

The 1800 holley pump is rated at 156GPH@43psi, 140GPH@60psi and then would rapidly drop off after that. Its listed on their website. Then you have to account for pressure drop in the amount of line to the injector and the number of fittings.

VRSenator065
    Participant
    • Adelaide SA

• View build HERE
    Supporter

Still reckon this is the best solution, all contained in the tank itself, no hoses running all over the place, easy as to work on, dont lose any boot space :)

VRSenator065
    Participant
    • Adelaide SA

• View build HERE
    Supporter

And hard to go past this look (imho)

vs manta 218
    Participant
    Supporter

That is a nice solution

vs manta 218
    Participant
    Supporter

good advice bloke,theres a bit to it,especially if car see corners or gets turned inside out. good for a bit of a chin wag got a laugh out of reactions too,i gotta sit back for a while after i type stuff,,haha also later stuff with them cradles that drop in look good. anyone measured one of them walbro’s,diameter,VS got a 60mm hole in tank,i’m trying to keep a fairly stock look,for the man really,haha

here is what I did to myn

it’s a walbro 460 custom attached to the factory sender

must note in not using a factory tank, myn is a custom made alloy tank that just has a heap of baffles in it

It just and I mean just fits into my tank witch has the same size hole as a factory tank as I took the measurment and had that piece laser cut

i had had to cut 5mm off the pipe where hose connects to and that made it fit perfectly, had to cut the bottom rubber to fit the walbro pump nicer and used submersible hose

Profile photo of hsv865
    hsv865
    Participant
    Supporter

nice manta,cheap & effective

like yours to VRsenator don’t cry.   :yahoo:

nice table too,is that cork flooring?do you live on a boat,we had a halverson with cork floor,you could drop anything on it & wouldn’t break.loved that boat,back on track ,did you get a plug to fit factory wiring or not enough grunt thru that?

Marzella,nice,now were learning stuff :good:

VRSenator065
    Participant
    • Adelaide SA

• View build HERE
    Supporter

Aw come on, dont go hurting my feelings now ;-)

vs manta 218
    Participant
    Supporter

Hi buddy

i made that table a couple years back, I also made the cupboard in the back ground and heaps of other stuff as well

and no don’t live on a boat and yes it’s cork floors and are great, They don’t hurt your feet, I love on the beach so carpet is no good at all and cork is awesome

as for the pump yeah it’s a good idea for people running decent power and don’t want a serge tank but It might suck the swirl pot dry not sure

I used 2 fuel tank bulk head fittings and run them through the tank

Profile photo of LF24
    LF24
    Participant
    Supporter

Vs v8 in-tank pump to 1.5L surge, Bosch 044 and a c5 corvette regulator/filter.

• This reply was modified 9 years ago by Profile photo of LF24 LF24.
Viewing 20 posts - 21 through 40 (of 40 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.