HomeForumsTechnical – GeneralCar Audio & ElectricsVn dome light switch turns dash lights on?

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Vn6cal Vn6cal 8 years, 6 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Vn6cal
    Vn6cal
    Participant

So I’m in a pickle.?

somehow my dome light switch combined with light switch in either parkers or low beams will trigger the untrusting cluster to illuminate but without the dome light switch pressed in the lights on the car work as per normal but the cluster lighting has no lights on.?

beats me

Profile photo of Bloke Guy
    Bloke Guy
    Participant

I’m wondering if you have the correct VN switch blocks – I think the dome light switch moved to the dimmer switch position in VP and changed to black from the VN grey.

Otherwise I’d say theres a short in the loom or the switch block itself

Profile photo of Vn6cal
    Vn6cal
    Participant

Sorry for the late reply but still have this problem,

they worked 100% before I took the car off the road couple years ago,

so I can say they are correct switch blocks but I’m leaning towards an earth problem somewhere as I have mounted the fuse box inside the car and I moved the earth wires to the inside of the guard but just seems like the culprit.

im not happy with the way I mounted the fuse box so I’m gonna pull the dash off again and tidy it up and add some earth points around the body.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.