This topic contains 34 replies, has 14 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of VRSenator065 VRSenator065 8 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 21 through 35 (of 35 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of VRSenator065
    VRSenator065
    Participant
    • Adelaide SA
    • VR Senator LSx454 1960 Kombi (project) 1921 Nash Hot Rod (future project)

• View build HERE
    Supporter

Wow, how the hell did I miss this thread. Awesome work mate, going to be killa.

Re the pacemakers, they are “only” 1 3/4″ primaries, which if chasing big HP are a little too small. Yes they are tri Y’s also, although actually i haven’t found that an issue for power or how they sound, I made 500 rwhp with them, but it did start to nose over a little early which I think is the small primaries, still pulls 7k though.

The early CRS conversion headers people had huge problems, but recently they have brought out a set of 1 7/8″ 4 into 1’s that supposedly have corrected the earlier faults. Actually I am very tempted to buy a set and give them a go, so far i haven’t managed to find anyone who has used them to see how they work/fit.

Profile photo of Kroozer
    Kroozer
    Participant
    Supporter

Thats some serious Dish! :D hahaha

Profile photo of SLAUTR
    SLAUTR
    Participant
    Supporter

Wow, how the hell did I miss this thread. Awesome work mate, going to be killa. Re the pacemakers, they are “only” 1 3/4″ primaries, which if chasing big HP are a little too small. Yes they are tri Y’s also, although actually i haven’t found that an issue for power or how they sound, I made 500 rwhp with them, but it did start to nose over a little early which I think is the small primaries, still pulls 7k though. The early CRS conversion headers people had huge problems, but recently they have brought out a set of 1 7/8″ 4 into 1’s that supposedly have corrected the earlier faults. Actually I am very tempted to buy a set and give them a go, so far i haven’t managed to find anyone who has used them to see how they work/fit.

thanks mate I imagine they are not cheap though? buy a set & ill buy your pacemakers ;)

VRSenator065
    Participant
    • Adelaide SA

• View build HERE
    Supporter

thanks mate I imagine they are not cheap though? buy a set & ill buy your pacemakers ;)

Pity you cant wait or I would take you up on that. I did ask, from memory were around $2k but ceramic coated. Thats why i wanted to wait until someone else had given them a go to see how they fit ;)

Profile photo of cava454
    cava454
    Supporter

I wouldn’t waste $2k on a set of headers that come from a shelf.

VRSenator065
    Participant
    • Adelaide SA

• View build HERE
    Supporter

^ thats something I was thinking too, might as well take the car to someone and get a custom set made . No idea how much that would be though?

Profile photo of Dougall
    Dougall
    Participant

Love this thing huge dish

Ahh the hate love of the vl life ....today I love it!

Profile photo of SLAUTR
    SLAUTR
    Participant
    Supporter

^ thats something I was thinking too, might as well take the car to someone and get a custom set made . No idea how much that would be though?

You’ve done just about everything else on it yourself , may aswell get the tig out again :)

VRSenator065
    Participant
    • Adelaide SA

• View build HERE
    Supporter

You’ve done just about everything else on it yourself , may aswell get the tig out again :)

Seriously, I did consider having a go, but that’s just simply beyond my level, whats that saying “a mans gotta know his limitations”

Profile photo of 810ey
    810ey
    Participant

neat build looks awesome, im doing a ls1 and glide into a vb myself, food for thought thou castle auto makes a nice set of 1 7/8 4-1 headers for the early ls swap .. il be using these on my build  thre expensive at $1500 but so far only ones ive found that do them that big .. i used there headers in my hq when i ls swapped it and couldnt be happier with the quality  just another option for u to consider

VRSenator065
    Participant
    • Adelaide SA

• View build HERE
    Supporter

I thought crs and CAE were the same?

Profile photo of 810ey
    810ey
    Participant

na rod shop is different to castle auto i wouldnt use rod shop on mine too many stories of there gear

VRSenator065
    Participant
    • Adelaide SA

• View build HERE
    Supporter

na rod shop is different to castle auto i wouldnt use rod shop on mine too many stories of there gear

Thanks for that, good to know, been a while tbh since I bought any conversion gear…

Profile photo of nate817
    nate817
    Participant

I just used a set of the cae 1 7/8 headers 4 into 1s they are tight. With th400 you have to trim the bell housing of box a fair bit and there is a casting block on right and side of motor you have to cut off. Other than that they fit great

VRSenator065
    Participant
    • Adelaide SA

• View build HERE
    Supporter

^yep my experience with CAE too.  I did need to massage back the chassis rib a little on the paseneger side, but fit well.

Viewing 15 posts - 21 through 35 (of 35 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.