HomeForumsTechnical – GeneralBody & PaintVK VL c pillar windows

This topic contains 3 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of dave dave 7 years, 8 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of dave
    dave
    Participant

Hi,

Does anyone know how to refit these windows into the C pillar. Just had car painted and want to refit them. When I removed them they weren’t really fixed, just sitting there. Obviously been out before. Looks like just a large bead of sikaflex or something  was originally holding them in. Any advice be appreciated.

Profile photo of Bdj_007
    Bdj_007
    Participant

The rear qtr windows [which i think you are talking about] are sikaflexed in from factory.

If you are in vic you can get roys windscreens or baycity autoglass to clean them up and refit them.

Profile photo of gtrboyy
    gtrboyy
    Participant

Yep sikaflex.

Replace foam or seal other holes while there,it’s common for them to leak water in boot when rains or wash car…think they had foam originally that falls apart over time.

Profile photo of dave
    dave
    Participant

Thanks for the replies. Yes info I am getting is they are just sikaflexed in. Quite thick bead as sit off the car body about 8 mm. Seem to sit in the plastic frame. I am thinking stick the window in the plastic external surround and then put the whole thing on a bead of sealant and screw the surround on. The plastic trim on the inside will cover all the sealant area so you cant see it.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.