This topic contains 14 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Bon355 Bon355 7 years ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Bon355
    Bon355
    Participant

Hi guys this is my vk ive been building for 5 years. Its been a slow process due to family, building our house and of course money.

Vk sl bare metal respray in a blue from a renault.

304 block. Come steel 355 crank, 4 bolt mains, forged pistons, come twin thottle body manifold with adapter plate machined to suit blower, camtech hydraulic cam, billet timing cover with crank support, gm 671 blower rebuilt underdriven running 10 pound, ported heads, twin e85 quickfuel 750 carbies.

Shortened vl diff, 31 sline axles, 3.9 spooled diff, Adjustable upper and lower trailing arms, strange coil overs, tubbed and sheet metal boot, fuel cell, optima yellow top and magna fuel pump mounted under boot floor. Genuine fr19s 8″ front 11.5″ rear.

Motor gets run in and tuned in 3 weeks on engine dyno. Got heaps to do but hoping for end of the year.

• This topic was modified 7 years, 10 months ago by Profile photo of Bon355 Bon355.
    Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Profile photo of HDN05L
    HDN05L
    Participant
    Supporter

That is a serious looking engine!

Welcome to CP, not many big blowers on this site, but plenty of great knowledge.

Whats the plans for interior?

Profile photo of Bon355
    Bon355
    Participant

Thanks mate. Im still unsure, ive got vs senator interior but thinking some light weight seats and retrim in leather and suede. Roll cage is next but still undecided whether to run into boot or straight down and have no back seat.

Profile photo of HDN05L
    HDN05L
    Participant
    Supporter

Yeah tough choice with the cage, if it was me i would be keeping the function of a 4 door but comes down to what you eventually want to do with it.

Profile photo of Bon355
    Bon355
    Participant

This is the dash cluster i made and and drop in box so shifter sits in original console

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Profile photo of HDN05L
    HDN05L
    Participant
    Supporter

Nice and clean doing the same thing with my shifter atm, there are a few on this forum that are using a dekota digital gear display setup. Good if you want to keep track of what gear you are in http://www.dakotadigital.com/index.cfm/page/ptype=product/product_id=60/prd60.htm

The seats look nice and clean should be very tidy inside when done.

Profile photo of jlss
    jlss
    Participant

Sweet looking rig mate. Love the come manifold adapted to suit the 6/71. Tuff vk

Profile photo of VRSenator065
    VRSenator065
    Participant
    • Adelaide SA
    • VR Senator LSx454 1960 Kombi (project) 1921 Nash Hot Rod (future project)

• View build HERE
    Supporter

Shit, that’s a bloody weapon!!  Gotta say the variety on here is awesome.  Welcome to the forum mate.  What the end use, looks fantastic.

Profile photo of Slow355
    Slow355
    Participant

Welcome mate!!!! As I said on SC plenty of guys on here who would really appreciate this build! Can’t beat the senator seats. Every second person on here is doing a drop down box at the moment haha

munch munch ls1s for lunch
    Best 1/4 mile 13.1@105mph 60ft-1.8sec Reaction time .8 sec 0/100-4.8sec

Profile photo of VRSenator065
    VRSenator065
    Participant
    • Adelaide SA
    • VR Senator LSx454 1960 Kombi (project) 1921 Nash Hot Rod (future project)

• View build HERE
    Supporter

Yea I reckon that’s because the drop box just makes such a nice clean install.  CP is the new SC.  Sadly SC is a ghost town.  Quite a few of us on here did our best to try and save it but its just a matter of time before the plug is pulled.  Imean here we are in 2016 and they still have a pic of the 2010 yearbook on the front page…

Profile photo of Slow355
    Slow355
    Participant

Yea I reckon that’s because the drop box just makes such a nice clean install. CP is the new SC. Sadly SC is a ghost town. Quite a few of us on here did our best to try and save it but its just a matter of time before the plug is pulled. Imean here we are in 2016 and they still have a pic of the 2010 yearbook on the front page…

Lol i recruited him from SC, always over there telling people to come over, shame never got a chance to on vn ss before they stopped paying fees and no longer exists. Fb just not the same.

Can i ask how much did it cost to get the simmons widened?

munch munch ls1s for lunch
    Best 1/4 mile 13.1@105mph 60ft-1.8sec Reaction time .8 sec 0/100-4.8sec

Profile photo of Bon355
    Bon355
    Participant

Shit, that’s a bloody weapon!! Gotta say the variety on here is awesome. Welcome to the forum mate. What the end use, looks fantastic.

Thanks mate. I was on sc for years but fell away when there were no new cars posting. Im glad this forum is here. End use powercruise and shows and the odd cruise and weddings

Profile photo of Bon355
    Bon355
    Participant

Yea I reckon that’s because the drop box just makes such a nice clean install. CP is the new SC. Sadly SC is a ghost town. Quite a few of us on here did our best to try and save it but its just a matter of time before the plug is pulled. Imean here we are in 2016 and they still have a pic of the 2010 yearbook on the front page…

Lol i recruited him from SC, always over there telling people to come over, shame never got a chance to on vn ss before they stopped paying fees and no longer exists. Fb just not the same. Can i ask how much did it cost to get the simmons widened?

$1300 from tempe. That was a few years ago.

Profile photo of Bon355
    Bon355
    Participant

Small update. Engine has been run in and tuned. Made 760hp at 6200. Still sorting the bay out and have flattened the firewall and going under dash brake setup. Should have bay finished and motor in and running by next month then back out to paint bay. Cant wait to drive it. Video is first start up.

Profile photo of Bon355
    Bon355
    Participant

<ol>

• Small update. Engine has been run in and tuned. Made 760hp at 6200. Still sorting the bay out and have flattened the firewall and going under dash brake setup. Should have bay finished and motor in and running by next month then back out to paint bay. Cant wait to drive it. Video is first start up.
  • </ol>

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.