This topic contains 29 replies, has 9 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of TUFGMH TUFGMH 8 years ago.

Viewing 10 posts - 21 through 30 (of 30 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of TUFGMH
    TUFGMH
    Participant
    Supporter

I split them myself as I wanted fresh bolts at the same time, plus it make polishing the outers easier. Might even go with new outers yet depending on cost.

Profile photo of SLE355
    SLE355
    Participant

I always loved the V5’s, had them on mine for many years, tough looking rim. I wish they did them in 19’s or 20’s with the stepped rather than flat dish that the FR’s 19 and 20’s have, i’d have them again.

You getting the outer’s professionally polished?

Profile photo of TUFGMH
    TUFGMH
    Participant
    Supporter

I will give them a go myself first. After dropping $750 on polishing the 5 SLE rims, it is probably time to save some money on these lol.

Profile photo of dazedv3
    dazedv3
    Participant

Do you know the torque specs/pattern for Simmons or you just winging it?

Profile photo of TUFGMH
    TUFGMH
    Participant
    Supporter

20nm, will have to track down the sequence here on paper I got from the local Simmons rep from years ago before starting.

• This reply was modified 8 years, 5 months ago by Profile photo of TUFGMH TUFGMH.
    Profile photo of VRSenator065
    VRSenator065
    Participant
    • Adelaide SA
    • VR Senator LSx454 1960 Kombi (project) 1921 Nash Hot Rod (future project)

• View build HERE
    Supporter

Wow, 20Nm isn’t a lot, surprised by that, but I guess they are small.

When I did all the bolts that hold the hat to the rotors on my breaks I used a cordless on a low torque setting then just finished them off with the torque wrench.

• This reply was modified 8 years, 5 months ago by Profile photo of VRSenator065 VRSenator065.
    Profile photo of dazedv3
    dazedv3
    Participant

20nm, will have to track down the sequence here on paper I got from the local Simmons rep from years ago before starting.

If you find the pattern specs I’d really appreciate it if you could pass them on

Profile photo of Daggs68
    Daggs68
    Participant

Loving the build.

keep it going it’s awesome  :yes:

Profile photo of SLE355
    SLE355
    Participant

Any progress mate?

Profile photo of TUFGMH
    TUFGMH
    Participant
    Supporter

Does your powder coater have any issues doing the 3 piece v5s? I’ve been thinking of getting some of my Simmons 3 piece done but have been unsure on how to go about it in terms of masking off the mating faces etc so they don’t get a build up of powder where they need to mate. Will you be re-assembling them yourself?

The areas can be masked during coating and tape removed before the oven. I had the area described taped as well as where the badge goes into the wheel. Lucky I cracked a cap assembling the first round when they were the wrong colour and was able to rectify during recoating. I was going to reassemble myself but will drop them off to a wheel repairer this week to polish the outers, silicon, reassemble and fit tyres back on.

Viewing 10 posts - 21 through 30 (of 30 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.