HomeForumsMembers’ Builds and RidesVB – VC – VH – VK – VLVH SLE – 355ci/Trimatic/9 inch (Phat ASSss)

This topic contains 17 replies, has 8 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of gtrboyy gtrboyy 6 years, 11 months ago.

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of gtrboyy
    gtrboyy
    Participant

*Pics from previous owner.

Got this a while ago..slowly tinkering away to make it a nice cruiser…

Profile photo of SLE355
    SLE355
    Participant

Nice, remember seeing it on a FB page awhile ago.

Profile photo of gtrboyy
    gtrboyy
    Participant

Main selling point it’s actually engineered for tubs & genuine indigo blue/mercury silver 381 pack.

Yeah bit hard to go un-noticed driving it around…get some priceless reactions sitting in traffic.

Profile photo of jlss
    jlss
    Participant

Looks sweet mate those wheels and the 305s look tuff. :good:

Profile photo of VRSenator065
    VRSenator065
    Participant
    • Adelaide SA
    • VR Senator LSx454 1960 Kombi (project) 1921 Nash Hot Rod (future project)

• View build HERE
    Supporter

Really like that, any shots of the bay?

Profile photo of gtrboyy
    gtrboyy
    Participant

Worst part of the car is engine bay…currently got half the dash ripped apart fixing electrical gremlins & broken interior trim.

Wont take car off road so doing it all but by bit.

Long list planned for the engine bay but eventually…

convert to manual steering or electric p/steer

hide an overflow bottle behind grille

washer bottle hidden next to wiper motor

neaten up wiring & hide trans lines & brake lines + fuel lines

trip to Chubby for strut tops,alternator bracket & w/motor cover

then fill in all holes & repaint…would like carby/9×5 aircleaner skyhigh out bonnet but probably cover with pro-stock scoop to keep plod happy.

* Panelshop said sort car out…run a 10 & DONT HIT F*@KING WALL then they’ll paint it.

Profile photo of TUFGMH
    TUFGMH
    Participant
    Supporter

Looks like an easy job to sort the bay ;) I will get back to you on the list of bits when I get time to find the back shed through the rain lol.

Profile photo of gtrboyy
    gtrboyy
    Participant

No rush mate,just good to have it home & able to pull it apart in order to fix things properly.

Luckily did not get rid I much didn’t need between sle & ghetto vk although still fair few things I’d like to change.Mostly the things people throw away like 6cyl springs & early manual rack.

Loving the clean backyard,no mess,no cars or parts in sight whatsoever…gave away or sold most stuff dirt dirt cheap.

Cold weather + rain slowed me down heaps this week anyway.

Profile photo of VRSenator065
    VRSenator065
    Participant
    • Adelaide SA
    • VR Senator LSx454 1960 Kombi (project) 1921 Nash Hot Rod (future project)

• View build HERE
    Supporter

What a great project though mate, will be great watching it progress along.

Profile photo of gtrboyy
    gtrboyy
    Participant

Spent 4 hours under dash of this b*tch  removing old alarm wiring,power mirrors & power window + other crap.

*Would kick bloke in the nuts with steel cap boot for breaking dash & adding miles of wiring + relays…yet none of it worked.

Profile photo of gtrboyy
    gtrboyy
    Participant

Got carried away inside the car lol.

No more heater box or air con parts whatsoever…just ac switch in console

Also did cool trick for heater pipe hole,kept the grommet,got 2 bonnet rubber stops ground them down & superglue them into the holes…looks like a delete option now.

All excess wiring gone…got dome light working,missing wiring for the rears.

Underdash ducting all gone,just 12v hairdryer/demister that works off factory heater control.

Big thing was passenger side had power window,now converted to manual winder.

Raised rear of car a tad,help clear tyres…rubber mallet to give fuel tank love taps for more clearance.

Got standard 6cyl struts off TufGmh to raise front,might get 90/10’s if it wont launch like a boss…

Also got blue window winder to finish off passenger doortrim,almost all factory sle interior except speakers in kickboard

Taken a bit of weight out of it(not enough lol) but mostly looks neater & fixing some cruddy wiring to make it more reliable.

Done heaps of other things cant remember right now.

Next up fill in holes behind rear seat..hopefully less f/pump noise..must stop pulling apart & drive it more!!!!

• This reply was modified 7 years, 7 months ago by Profile photo of gtrboyy gtrboyy.
    Profile photo of gtrboyy
    gtrboyy
    Participant

oh yeah got bitten in the arse by this thing…frocken ford stud pattern(wtf)

Planned to fit my silver B45 simmons on it & take brock scoop off let aircleaner stick out….just for different look & boredom I guess.

Took rear wheel off…looks even bigger off the car!!!

Totally different stud patter so now got simmons & 2 sets of spare 14 & 15 inch steelie rims that wont bolt on haha

Profile photo of gtrboyy
    gtrboyy
    Participant

Been doing a little bit of work on this lately..had a few issues trying to set rear end up better & fell into trap of changing things that annoyed me lol

Got diff centred,should stay straighter under power…tyres tuck wheel arches nicely & even

Said I wouldn’t do it but for now going fuel cell in boot & get twin 3″ pipes poking out back(diff dumpers too loud)

Time to slap it back together for Cars Under The Stars & do some cruising with mates.

Profile photo of cava454
    cava454
    Supporter

Looks good mate. My mate was looking to buy this a few years back. I can tell forgot that hand written spec sheeet haha

Profile photo of vlsv88
    vlsv88
    Participant

Tough as! Is it a 295 tyre under the back?

Profile photo of Heron SSV
    Heron SSV
    Participant

Looks nice… throw up a vid of it running with the diff dumpers  :good:

Profile photo of gtrboyy
    gtrboyy
    Participant

Those are 305/50(27×11)  It will take a 325/50 radial with some more work BUT 275/60 or 255/60 street tyres are fraction of the cost

Rear was tad too low,scraped sidewalls on wheelarch in storage yard doing u-turns….

Cav…yeah I’m too lazy type out specs…easier to use previous owner pics etc…kind of got decent deal out of it although it needed more sorting out than expected yet still was hard to resist bucket list car.

Changed a fair bit on car too long list but mostly making it nicer to drive..it’s more of a grumpy criuser than obnoxious summernats pig.

Profile photo of gtrboyy
    gtrboyy
    Participant

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wSOZEOMD1lg

Can’t seem to post clip only youtube link…it was that loud after 5-10mins if you didn’t have earplugs you’d get headaches.

Also taking Brock scoop off to see difference of no scoop & 9×5 aircleaner vs 9×2 + brock scoop

• This reply was modified 6 years, 11 months ago by Profile photo of gtrboyy gtrboyy.
    • This reply was modified 6 years, 11 months ago by Profile photo of gtrboyy gtrboyy.
Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.