HomeForumsTechnical – GeneralEngine Conversions & EngineeringVH LS1 pacemaker headers fitment.

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Nikolai Nikolai 8 years, 2 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Nikolai
    Nikolai
    Participant

Hi all.  Thanks for the add.

I’m currently building my VH with Ls1 conversion. I’m using Pacemaker headers (PH5345 from memory). I’ve just done my first dummy fit of the motor and box. I’m wondering if anyone has had any issues with these headers. Fitting them after dropping he motor in has proven impossible on the passenger side. Drivers side I think will be ok, as it comes in 3 pieces. I’ll just have to pull the steering knuckle apart to get them in there. Any tips?

I’m new to the forum and photo bucket, so hopefully the photos work

Profile photo of VRSenator065
    VRSenator065
    Participant
    • Adelaide SA
    • VR Senator LSx454 1960 Kombi (project) 1921 Nash Hot Rod (future project)

• View build HERE
    Supporter

I had them on mine (VR) but similar problem.  Actually I found passenger side is the easiest.  What i did was undo the engine mount on the passenger side leaving the drivers loose and with a jack under the sump and a block of wood, raise the engine which tilts it across giving more room.  You can also support the engine as I said and remove both engine mounts completely, that allows you to move the engine across to the drivers side to fit them.  But it is tight, but its a good felling when they are in.  Looks great btw :good:

Profile photo of Nikolai
    Nikolai
    Participant

Thanks mate. You’re a legend. I’ll give it a crack soon. It’ll look better once I’ve got the bay cleaned up and painted. 😎

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.