HomeForumsTechnical – GeneralSuspensionVh commodore centreline fitment

This topic contains 4 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Vh05wa Vh05wa 7 years, 9 months ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Vh05wa
    Vh05wa
    Participant

Hi guys,
    I have a standard length large Salisbury under my vh, I’m wanting to run a set of centreline auto drags or some sort of weld wheel, who has fit these using the Std length diff? What width,backspacing and stud pattern did you use? Cheers

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Profile photo of Immortality
    Immortality
    Participant

As far as I’m aware all Commodores VB- VZ (except the 4 cyl models) used a 5 x 120 PCD with 69.5mm centre bore size.  Not sure about offsets though as they changed through the various models.  There was a thread on the SC forum which listed all the various offsets through the models.

This website is good if you know your original wheel size/offset to workout what should or shouldn’t fit

http://www.willtheyfit.com/index.php?width=235&aspect=35&diameter=19&wheelwidth=8.5&offset=44&width2=265&aspect2=30&diameter2=19&wheelwidth2=9.5&offset2=35#content

• This reply was modified 7 years, 10 months ago by Profile photo of Immortality Immortality.
    Profile photo of gtrboyy
    gtrboyy
    Participant

Yeah remember need a weird backspace like 6 inch or so with 15×7 rim can fit 235/60/15 slick…ride height dependant.

With salisbury get bit more leeway as it’s tad narrower over b/w diff.

By right welds etc are chev/hq stud pattern although I think newer model wheels cater to commodore stud pattern from some larte model U.S cars,most likely a larger sizes over 15 inch rims.

Have a squiz on calaisturbo site or even streetcommodores archive,should be info buried in there somewhere.

Profile photo of VRSenator065
    VRSenator065
    Participant
    • Adelaide SA
    • VR Senator LSx454 1960 Kombi (project) 1921 Nash Hot Rod (future project)

• View build HERE
    Supporter

If you cant find the info, do what i did, I made up a template, attach it to a standard rim.  The you can adjust it in/out whilst rotating it to get the ideal offset.  there is a full write up on page 1 of my build thread.

Profile photo of Vh05wa
    Vh05wa
    Participant

Ok thanks! Will check out your build thread

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.