This topic contains 70 replies, has 13 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Judge1 Frazer Judge1 Frazer 6 years, 6 months ago.

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 71 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Judge1 Frazer
    Judge1 Frazer
    Participant
    Supporter

Hi all I’ve come across from s/c the place is dead but still good information, anyway after 4 years since my vk got stolen I have a new toy a 1980 vc sl/e 5.0ltr

The plan, Its tidy so I can do bits and still drive it and having owned and modified the vk I can do this one once and not several times plus.

I am going to keep outside standard eg lights, bumpers, so no plastic or fibreglass (check vk out below)

plans

paint : white

Full rubber kit

find better glass doors

Repair rust repairs yes someone else’s repairs

Recover interior like the vk , keep dash cluster no after market gauges

Mini tubs, 9″ Detroit locker 3.9s coil overs, adjustable top arm, new bottom arms

front coil overs with adaptor hubs

wilwood 6 pot 330 fronts , 290 4 pot rear hand brake of diff

drop tank (Fuel) centred with filler behind number plate

l98 6.0ltr 6 speed, whipple super charger

twin 3″ exhaust, dump before rear valance

deep dish staggered 18″ wheels 8.5″ front 10″ rear

• This topic was modified 8 years, 2 months ago by Profile photo of Admin Admin.
    • This topic was modified 6 years, 10 months ago by Profile photo of Judge1 Frazer Judge1 Frazer.
    Judge1 Frazer
    Participant
    Supporter

photo’s

• This reply was modified 8 years, 2 months ago by Profile photo of Judge1 Frazer Judge1 Frazer.
    Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Profile photo of VRSenator065
    VRSenator065
    Participant
    • Adelaide SA
    • VR Senator LSx454 1960 Kombi (project) 1921 Nash Hot Rod (future project)

• View build HERE
    Supporter

^wow, that spec list started off pretty ho hum, then got interesting very quickly.  Sounds awesome, There is quite a few of us old SC guys on here, enjoy, and keep us posted.

Judge1 Frazer
    Participant
    Supporter

Thanks man I can see what you mean reading back over it I’ve just started reading your build up to page 5 so will have some q later  , just stripping interior out and get that they way I want it and cleaned up, time just depends on funds

• This reply was modified 8 years, 2 months ago by Profile photo of Judge1 Frazer Judge1 Frazer.
    Judge1 Frazer
    Participant
    Supporter

Hey just a small update have stripped out dash, going to sort wring out so new fuse box  relays for lights and twin fans with an adjustable switch, getting dash, door handles, console, kick panels etc dyed a light tan colour so it’s all the same and not two tone

going to put a vh-vk heater and maybe air con unit in as I think when the l98 goes in it will hit, a bit a pissing around but doable, found a push bottom switch under dash any one know what it’s for in the last two photos

Profile photo of SLE-881
    SLE-881
    Participant

I’m pretty certain that they are circuit breakers.

One is for power windows the other for central locking. When there is a power surge or someone holds down the electric window switches for a long time it pops out stopping power going to the switch so it doesn’t melt.

The other will pop out if there is something wrong with your central locking.

Daniel
    Instagram - @SLE881

Judge1 Frazer
    Participant
    Supporter

Cheers Daniel that’s all good don’t have power windows of central locking may look at putting central locking in

trying to source a vk from a mate for parts

Judge1 Frazer
    Participant
    Supporter

First present for vb

VRSenator065
    Participant
    • Adelaide SA

• View build HERE
    Supporter

Nice toes ;-)

Profile photo of
    Anonymous Member since: January 1, 1970

Nice toes

A bit Hobbity though  ;-)

Judge1 Frazer
    Participant
    Supporter

That’s funny

Judge1 Frazer
    Participant
    Supporter

A small update received my power cable, fuse box, relay socket, plugs, circuit breaker,

alternator cable and plugs

VRSenator065
    Participant
    • Adelaide SA

• View build HERE
    Supporter

Nice collection of goodies right there buddy :good:

Judge1 Frazer
    Participant
    Supporter

Hi all I think it’s time for an update well I’m half way through the wiring fuse box and relays are in just got to shorten and lengthen some wires, have sourced a vk heater and aircon units so have to mount them then patch plate the old heater fire wall holes , also half way through the boot floor repair (rust ) now for the goodies I have found a six speed gearbox out of a Vr hsv senator full conversion , got a short shifter of malwood , vx gear nob going to modify clutch pedal to hydraulic ,have got a full rubber kit from rear spares new tail and head lights, chrome trims around head lights and tail lights and a box of clips window winders ,have got the material for interior seats and door trims going in to be done next month dash will get dyed once wiring is done , went and got the xyz front coil overs do for the front with the adapter hubs 343 x 32 mm rotors and the six pot wilwoods are coming had all the arms and x member powder coated , a new alloy  radiator and have changed the radiator support panel

sorry for the novel but been awhile pictures below

VRSenator065
    Participant
    • Adelaide SA

• View build HERE
    Supporter

Mate, what a great update, top work, its really coming along.  I run the XYZ’s and the Willwoods, very happy with both.  Loving this build mate, keep us up to date :good:

Judge1 Frazer
    Participant
    Supporter

Cheers Gary

looking at doing a little work to the 308 for now 300-350hp to keep me happy  for the time being before I can afford the lsa

did you find the xyz easy to adjust height and damper

Frazer

Judge1 Frazer
    Participant
    Supporter

Hey all small update out with the 350 auto and in with the six speed, have made a new cross member for the t56 as well and got the radiator and fans sorted ,, found a good score two weeks ago a new rear end panel never been on a car

Profile photo of SLE355
    SLE355
    Participant

Awesome build mate, are they Wilwood’s in the pics?

Judge1 Frazer
    Participant
    Supporter

Hey SLE355  no I haven’t received the wilwoods yet should be this week them I can get them mounted and put front end back together :yahoo:

Judge1 Frazer
    Participant
    Supporter

Hi all  have put front end all back together still waiting on the wilwoods :-(   had a slight issue with sway bar it’s too thick for the link bar so will have shave some off the bushes , got a brand new power steering rack as well just got to sort a pump but one that can be use on the lsa later , one piece drive shaft all done ,plan over the break is to get the rear panelling done so unstitch the tail light rear and put a new one on and finish the boot floor

Have changed plans slightly so next year going to strip paint off whole car, put on a rotisserie do all the fab work mini tubs, rust, will be getting a drop tank made with the filler out the rear between tail lights and use a hq or torana number plate hinge plate, 3″ v bands for exhaust

also thinking about hand brake and found a photo of a small rotor of the drive shaft with a mechanical calliper  pictures below

pictures of motor it’s been apart still looks good  also the rear panel

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 71 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.