HomeForumsTechnical – GeneralEnginev8 turbo engine questions.

This topic contains 5 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of BTS666.0 BTS666.0 7 years, 5 months ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of BTS666.0
    BTS666.0
    Participant

How hot does your ls turbo engine run? I have a cast iron block and realise it holds heat. but last night just driving very sedate, not even on boost, then pulled over and popped bonnet while it was idling, and the turbo manifold and hot side of turbo was all glowing red. Is that normal? I don’t remember it doing that when I was racing it 2 years ago.    :scratch:

...so I said "orange ya glad I didn't say banana?"........hahahaha.....hhhmmmm...pffft.....

Profile photo of [TUFFVQ]
    [TUFFVQ]
    Participant

I wouldn’t think the manifolds should be that hot if you really are just cruising around. It will always look worse at night but it might be worth checking to see the timing isn’t retarded for some reason.

Profile photo of Stevoss
    Stevoss
    Participant

might have a leaner tune off boost which will run hotter maybe attributing to the glow

BTS666.0
    Participant

Thanks guys. Will get it checked.

...so I said "orange ya glad I didn't say banana?"........hahahaha.....hhhmmmm...pffft.....

Profile photo of sands vs
    sands vs
    Participant

I would be looking at the tune side of things mate. Do you have any way to look at the AFR?

BTS666.0
    Participant

No, but I will take it over to the shop tomorrow or wednesday and get them to chuck the computer on it.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.