HomeForumsTechnical – GeneralBody & Paint**URGENT HELP REQUIRED** DOOR JAMMED SHUT

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of hsv865 hsv865 9 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Lukey0_o
    Lukey0_o
    Participant

Hey all i require some urgent help in regards to my gf’s vs exec!! The front passenger door is jammed shut…ive tried everything i could by pulling the lock thread up with battery connected/ disconnected, locking, deadlocking etc…it feels like the lock has packed up and is stuck in deadlock…except the passenger door doesnt have a outside key lock.
    Now she had told me that her work mate went to get in one day and the door wasnt closing like the lock was engaged and hitting the doot striker. Then she pushed the door softly for the lock to engage and stay locked for she was at work….now it wont unlock, or open from the inside and outside….

Apon further investigation ive been trying all weekend to get this fixed and came across a rather daunting issue…

the top star screw looks like its come undone and is jammed against the striker plate…but unsure if the door is locked or unlocked still? As the door lock never went into the “unlocked” position….have also tried the gf holding the doot handle up and me inside shouldering the door and didnt move!!

Any help will be greatly appreciated :) cheers

Profile photo of hsv865
    hsv865
    Participant
    Supporter

dude got same prob,to get that open you have to remove door trim from inside,which will be a pain with seat in(3 long screws on bottom)it won’t come right off because theres also a screw where it meets dash,but get it off enough to remove door handle,then from outside theres a black plastic securtiy cover blocking the bit you need to get a to open door.what id say has happened theres a tiny plactic clip on locking mech that moves striker 1/8th inch off the bit that operates the opening bit,that bit i think is grey (in my car anyway)may not be on bottom of door,mine was hanging foul on something,i’ll take some photos when i get home,someone may know correct terms for them “bits”

now i have a ? i had this same problem,got door open,put new mech in after discovering prob,now when i put trim on then put orange bit on lock(last bit)bloody thing locks & won’t unlock,WHY,works fine the trim off ,powered up to check fine,put trim on ,no work,ahh.

Profile photo of hsv865
    hsv865
    Participant
    Supporter

this little bugger decided to go walk abouts,after that was adjustment of plunger thing off handle & happy days,fingers crossed haha

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.