HomeForumsGeneralThe Pool Roomthe "hypercar" rant…

This topic contains 5 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of VRSenator065 VRSenator065 8 years, 4 months ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Dan811
    Dan811
    Participant
    Supporter

I don’t know how many people care, but being “car enthusiasts” i’m sure the majority of people on here have heard of the LaFerrari, 918 and P1. Now they’re being billed as the “holy trinity” of hypercars.

And sure enough, there’s youtube keyboard warriors fighting tooth and nail about which one’s best. And granted, the technology and ability of these cars is nothing short of astounding.

But I have a massive bone to pick….

WHERE THE F*** IS KOENIGSEGG AND WHY DON’T THEY GET ANY CREDIT!???

Has nobody yet picked up that not one of these three cars has beaten the acceleration times of the AgeraR?? And since then, koenigsegg has made 2 even FASTER cars in the AgeraRS and the one:1

I dare anyone to watch the youtube videos on /DRIVE called “inside koenigsegg” and still try and convince me that the Koenigsegg isn’t worthy of this “holy trinity”. It’s quite obvious that the electric powertrains implemented in these cars don’t always make the car faster. It doesn’t take much to work out that these cars would be just as fast without the batteries and weight added due to the complex drivetrain.

I’m hanging out for Koenigsegg to send their cars round the nurburgring (apparently there is a restriction that will be lifted in 2016 which will allow them) so they can raise a collective middle finger to all the morons that can’t see past the youtube propaganda.

When Koenigsegg perfects the actuator-powered-valves that they’re working on (which will eliminate the need for a camshaft and pretty much the whole valvetrain). They’ll probably take over the world.

Deep Breath… End Rant

Profile photo of cava454
    cava454
    Supporter

Have a suss of koenssig YouTube page. Their development is incredible.

I particularly like the 3D printed turbo.

Profile photo of VRSenator065
    VRSenator065
    Participant
    • Adelaide SA
    • VR Senator LSx454 1960 Kombi (project) 1921 Nash Hot Rod (future project)

• View build HERE
    Supporter

Hypercars are just billionaire wank anyway, I mean who actually uses/drives one.  Its all academic which one is faster/better whatever.

Profile photo of sands vs
    sands vs
    Participant

https://www.youtube.com/user/KoenigseggSweden

• This reply was modified 8 years, 5 months ago by Profile photo of sands vs sands vs.
    Profile photo of Dan811
    Dan811
    Participant
    Supporter

Hypercars are just billionaire wank anyway, I mean who actually uses/drives one. Its all academic which one is faster/better whatever.

I agree, but you can’t deny the genius behind some of their designs, and the clever solutions that they come up with.

The 3D printed turbo housings, the horizontal shock absorber that minimises rear end squat without ruining the suspension geometry,  the carbon fibre hollow wheels, even the nano holes in the interior buttons that allow light through without them having to use glass/plastic. These are all seriously clever ideas that nobody has done yet, and now they’re working on a hybrid supercar that has NO GEARBOX at all!!

These solutions will likely trickle down to everyday cars in the future, so give the guys over there a beer at least?

Profile photo of VRSenator065
    VRSenator065
    Participant
    • Adelaide SA
    • VR Senator LSx454 1960 Kombi (project) 1921 Nash Hot Rod (future project)

• View build HERE
    Supporter

For sure, prob was a little brutal with that post.  The engineering in them is really exceptional.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.