This topic contains 6 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of vs manta 218 vs manta 218 9 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of vs manta 218
    vs manta 218
    Participant
    Supporter

So Iv been in Melbourne for the last week for the Grand Prix and had a few days spare, after looking at a Mclaren 650s in a show room I though I wonder if I could

And bam with in 15 hours I found my self sitting in the hot seat of a lamborgini gallardo about to go for a 1 hour strap for $400

Not a bad way to start the day

Old mate didnt mind at all that I fearly feed it to either changing at 8000rpmm

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Profile photo of VRSenator065
    VRSenator065
    Participant
    • Adelaide SA
    • VR Senator LSx454 1960 Kombi (project) 1921 Nash Hot Rod (future project)

• View build HERE
    Supporter

Shit yea, now we are talking :)

Profile photo of 8you4t
    8you4t
    Participant
    • Victoria
    • C63 Amg/ Mk4 golf gti/ Ml w163 320 Mercedes Amg pack/ Audi a4 Quattro turbo man/ Wh gen 3/ Vt Calais/ Porsche boxter S / Ba futura (soon to have turbo xr6 motor)/ 2006 RX8

• View build HERE
    Supporter

Nice … Iv also driven one !!!

Even better a mates dad has a white aventador … It’s a rocket ship , leaves you speechless every time I see it .

Iv done a Porsche experience day at the island , cost was $1000 for full day , got to drive all the new line up at the time (2010)

and at the end of the day was taken for a 4 lap thrash in a Porsche cup car … One word … Epic !!!!!

If you don't believe in something .... You'll fall for anything

Profile photo of 8you4t
    8you4t
    Participant
    • Victoria
    • C63 Amg/ Mk4 golf gti/ Ml w163 320 Mercedes Amg pack/ Audi a4 Quattro turbo man/ Wh gen 3/ Vt Calais/ Porsche boxter S / Ba futura (soon to have turbo xr6 motor)/ 2006 RX8

• View build HERE
    Supporter

Iv put a pic of the aventador with my wife in it as my avatar …

vs manta 218
    Participant
    Supporter

That awesome

I seen a white adventador drive past the front of the crown (on spencer st is it)on about Monday or Tuesday

Was breath taking looking machine

If i planed it better I would do a full day getting to drive a few, I seen a full day with 6 supercars but don’t think there was a track involved

At the end of the day you only live once and chances of owning something like these isn’t great yet along a whole different bunch of them over your life time so really unless your a billion air this is the only way to experience a whole bunch of them

Did you notice a noticable difference between say a 911 compared to a gt2 or rs or gt3 depending on witch you got to drive ??

Like did you notice $100K difference or just a little better in every way ?

Profile photo of 8you4t
    8you4t
    Participant
    • Victoria

• View build HERE
    Supporter

Yes there was quite a difference in performance … The GT3 was my favorite , that sound !!!

I went from a boxter to the turbo s … That was the biggest ‘gap’ in performance for the day , the grip and speed of the turbo was insane !!!!

I really enjoyed at the time … the wife and me were thinking about a big purchase (new cayman) we ended up not buying one though and went with something else

• This reply was modified 9 years, 1 month ago by Profile photo of 8you4t 8you4t.

vs manta 218
    Participant
    Supporter

Yep I could imagine goin from a coxter to a turbo would be quite a gap

I would love to do this one day to give a in site to a whole line of the makes and the differences involved where if you just drive say a turbo or GT2 you don’t know how much above the others it really it is of how much ride comfort has been sacrificed for it

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.