HomeForumsTechnical – GeneralDrivelinet700 one wire solenoid setup

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of  Anonymous 8 years, 11 months ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of SouthRidge
    SouthRidge
    Participant

Quick question regarding the wire setup pictured here. Im assuming that its currently going through the temp switch and then to the lockup solenoid. So really all i need do is wire an external 12 volt suply with a switch and maybe a vacum/brake switch? Also i found the existing lockup solenoid to be fried. How do test the temp switch? Also right next to the lockup solenoid there is a presure switch? But had no wiring going to it?

SouthRidge
    Participant

anyone know where to get an adjustable vacuum switch? Was looking at some in the US (around 70 inclusing shipping) but i figured there would be something localy available??… any ideas??

Cheers

Profile photo of
    Anonymous Member since: January 1, 1970

If anyone is going to know it’ll be these guys>>

http://automatictransmission.com.au/

SouthRidge
    Participant

I think i figured it out through some research.

The positive 12 volts passes through a normally open 4th gear 2 prong pressure switch, which then goes to the lockup solenoid(single wire self earthing).

The disconnected (normally closed) single prong pressure switch located next the lockup solenoid is for a 2 wire solenoid which would earth to this switch.

I can only assume that pressure port is when the kickdown is or about to be operated. I guess to reduce load on the lockup disengaging prior to downshift.

Ideally i should get a 2 wire solenoid to replace my currently burnt out single wire solenoid.

I’m still looking into where to source a adjustable vacuum switch. As my car is cam’d and blown I will need something i can adjust accordingly

• This reply was modified 8 years, 11 months ago by Profile photo of SouthRidge SouthRidge.
    Profile photo of
    Anonymous Member since: January 1, 1970

Sorry, wasn’t clear I meant as a source for the Adjustable Switch, they do a LOT of conversions and should know where you can source one if they don’t have it in stock.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.