HomeForumsTechnical – GeneralDrivelineT56 Shifter Location

This topic contains 6 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Stevoss Stevoss 6 years, 6 months ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of vlsv88
    vlsv88
    Participant

Hi guys does anybody know exactly where the standard shifter ends up in a VL? Is it too far forward or too far back? I’ve read an F-body camaro shifter will solve it

Profile photo of Judge1 Frazer
    Judge1 Frazer
    Participant
    Supporter

Hey need more info what model what motor standard mounts or custom , if this helps I have currently a 308 in a vb with a vr t56 also have the same box in a vk with the 304 and the shifter came up about 20-30mm to the rear of the car no cutting needed just moving the riveted plate back towards the rear , in the vk had to massage the tunnel by the shifter for the reverse lockout but didn’t need to in the vb (go figure on that one )

Profile photo of vlsv88
    vlsv88
    Participant

It’s an LS1 with Mkal mounts. Not sure how different they are to the others but I was just asking because I’ve been reading different threads about people using an oxy, some using the mal wood vb-vl short shifter and others doing custom stuff. I want to buy a ripshifter off a friend of mine but I’m hesitant now. I’ve been reading that F-body camaro’s t56 shifters are 30mm forward so will buy an F-body ripshifter from the U.S. if thats the case.

Profile photo of Judge1 Frazer
    Judge1 Frazer
    Participant
    Supporter

all good I have no info on the ls

Profile photo of Red1m8
    Red1m8
    Participant

I think the rip shifter will work, just need to mount the handle so it kicks forward instead of back.

Profile photo of ChrisM
    ChrisM
    Participant
    Supporter

I cut a shifter down to fit my VN

Profile photo of Stevoss
    Stevoss
    Participant

i did the same thing and cut down my short shifter to go up straight.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.