HomeForumsTechnical – GeneralDrivelineT56 Cable/Hydraulic to Full Hydraulic Conversion

This topic contains 8 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Judge1 Frazer Judge1 Frazer 6 years, 3 months ago.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Admin
    Admin
    Keymaster
    Supporter

Clutch t56 putting this up so may help someone in the future, so some may know that the early t56 vr-vs come out with a cable hydraulic clutch so cable on pedal to a hydraulic master then over to the passenger side slave and it’s all a pull clutch, this made it a real heavy clutch this was a big issue as it started damaging syncros mainly reverse , so converting to hydraulic only.

This is what I have done once on a vk and a vr gst worked well the gst was a pig to drive and that’s being nice you had to turn car off to get it in reverse oh and do 60kg leg pushes,  I have just made it better with the vb first I used a auto pedal box as it has no hole for clutch cable but has the prevision for the clutch pedal had the manual box as well just used the pedal , so worked out were to drill the hole for the master in the p/box ( note all the stuff is reused Master and slave) drilled hole in clutch pedal for rod pin then bolted master to p/box and welded nuts on the back then got some larger 8-10mm thick nut and welded on to the front of the p/box as they have the 10mm rubber between the box and fire wall once that was done I had to weld up the hole in the fire wall so I could drill a nice neat hole were the master would go and the bolts boles as well.

Now that is done with hydraulic you need a stop point so you don’t bottom master out or make the fork hit the side of the pressure plate , behind the clutch pedal below the pivot point I welded a plate with nuts, between  the side where the clutch pedal pin runs use a bolt with a nut screwed into the plate with the welded nut the other nut is the locking point when it’s all set up.

photo’s below hopefully make more sense once done you should be able two use two fingers to push clutch , reservoir is simple I’m sure you’ll be able to work that part out

the first photos of the original set up just have not shown the cable goes into the box the master is on

Thanks to original poster Judge1 Frazer!!

Profile photo of Stevoss
    Stevoss
    Participant

any reason to not just go for a vs hydro pedal box from the start(vn-vs)/ or vl hydro pedal box for pre vn?

Profile photo of Judge1 Frazer
    Judge1 Frazer
    Participant
    Supporter

vl are too hard to find also bore size is to small ,, vr-vs fire wall is different so pedal box is different not sure on vn-vp ,, plus I’ve never seen a vr-vs hydro box ,, it’s just thinking out side the box to make it work also more to get rid of cable as that’s what  makes the pedal hard

Profile photo of Stevoss
    Stevoss
    Participant

can confirm vn vp vr vs is the same as my vp has a vs hydro pedal box in it. fair enough on being hard to find. yeah on running the vl pedal box you can just buy a bored and larger sleeved master to suit the t56. and malwood also sells an underdash conversion but expensive. good work though

Judge1 Frazer
    Participant
    Supporter

Yip I did price the malwood 700 buck plus  ,, this was cheaper just my time and I had all the parts

Profile photo of WHIPPT355
    WHIPPT355
    Participant

Gday first night to post just registered after doing some research on the IRS issues we all had and stumbled across this forum..
    iv got a vs 215 with the set up your talking about which I threw the complete clutch set up over my shoulder and fitted the full mal wood twin plate with csc and under dash master cylinder. Works fantastically but it should for the cost! My brother has also fitted a later t56 to his series 3 vs ute which was a factory hyd clutch and retains the original master but uses an 11″ ace clutch and csc all supplied by mal and a cheaper option and works without an issue. Hope this may help

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Profile photo of Gravelsport
    Gravelsport
    Participant

Hi I have just joined to find info for my VK  conversion is possible to get the pictures put up again as need make a hydraulic clutch pedal

Judge1 Frazer
    Participant
    Supporter

Hi I have just joined to find info for my VK conversion is possible to get the pictures put up again as need make a hydraulic clutch pedal

sorry bud but when photo bucket shut third party shit down I removed my account but lost the photo’s from my computer as well , as I don’t have the car I can not take any more photos if I can help with photo’s let me know

Judge1 Frazer
    Participant
    Supporter

Hi I have just joined to find info for my VK conversion is possible to get the pictures put up again as need make a hydraulic clutch pedal

Hey Bud just by luck I found the pictures I had emailed them to a friend so still had the email

here you go

2016-08-15 19.29.21 by Frazer Russell[/url], on Flickr

2017-03-26 18.21.14 by Frazer Russell[/url], on Flickr

2017-03-26 18.20.58 by Frazer Russell[/url], on Flickr

2017-03-26 18.20.43 by Frazer Russell[/url], on Flickr

2017-03-26 18.20.36 by Frazer Russell[/url], on Flickr

Hope that helps

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.