This topic has been reported for inappropriate content

This topic contains 2,648 replies, has 43 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of  Anonymous 4 years, 7 months ago.

Viewing 20 posts - 521 through 540 (of 2,649 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of VRSenator065
    VRSenator065
    Participant
    • Adelaide SA
    • VR Senator LSx454 1960 Kombi (project) 1921 Nash Hot Rod (future project)

• View build HERE
    Supporter

Well I said it would fit but it wouldn’t be “pretty” and I was right…. 

Because race car, looks good enough to me!  Btw just out of interest you can get the earlier cluster converted over to talk to the later ECU, that’s what in mine.  But for yours I reckon what you have gone with will be sweet.

I reckon a black surround would actually make it look quite neat..

Profile photo of
    Anonymous Member since: January 1, 1970

Well I said it would fit but it wouldn’t be “pretty” and I was right….

Because race car, looks good enough to me! Btw just out of interest you can get the earlier cluster converted over to talk to the later ECU, that’s what in mine. But for yours I reckon what you have gone with will be sweet. I reckon a black surround would actually make it look quite neat..

E38 cars make life really difficult Gary, a bunch of the configurations options are in the Dash like for if it’s 2wd, AWD, Has ABS or ABS/TRAC and so on so didn’t have a choice…

Considering the end use of the car I can live with it as is..  :XD:

VRSenator065
    Participant
    • Adelaide SA

• View build HERE
    Supporter

I think it looks fine, seriously, its a race car not a show car.

Profile photo of

Yeah agreed 100%!

If nothing else the dash isn’t going to fall out, top mount is 6061T6 bottom brackets are 5083 HiTensile

VRSenator065
    Participant
    • Adelaide SA

• View build HERE
    Supporter

well i imagine it will take a beating

Profile photo of

well i imagine it will take a beating

That was my thinking as well, our track is fairly smooth but a few of the others are a bit more “offroad”..

VRSenator065
    Participant
    • Adelaide SA

• View build HERE
    Supporter

do you have any video of similar with that the type of event you have built it for, because to be honest I am not familar with that kind of motorsport?

• This reply was modified 8 years, 8 months ago by Profile photo of VRSenator065 VRSenator065.
    Profile photo of Kroozer
    Kroozer
    Participant
    Supporter

do you have any video of familar with that the type of event you have built it for, because to be honest I am not familar with that kind of motorsport?

x2

Profile photo of
    VRSenator065
    Participant
    • Adelaide SA

• View build HERE
    Supporter

Cheers, thats awesome.  Sort of like hill climbs like Colingrove but on dirt (and without hills ha ha)  looks like so much fun.  Your car will be perfect for it, love it  :good:

Profile photo of Chris (agentcrm)
    Chris (agentcrm)
    Participant
    Supporter

Ah, Club sprints.

Gary, both WACC and SDCC do them here. :)

VRSenator065
    Participant
    • Adelaide SA

• View build HERE
    Supporter

Lets go and check a meeting out Chris :)  Not sure the Senators suited to them though…

Profile photo of

Yep damn good fun, I have a full set of wheels for road events as well and will do Track days as they come up so bit of an all rounder, may not be the quickest thing around but it’ll scare the crap out of me and get the adrenaline pumping!

VRSenator065
    Participant
    • Adelaide SA

• View build HERE
    Supporter

No doubt, looks  a bloody hoot, doing it in a car you have built from the ground up must be the icing on the cake.  Just don’t bloody bin it!!!

Profile photo of

No doubt, looks a bloody hoot, doing it in a car you have built from the ground up must be the icing on the cake. Just don’t bloody bin it!!!

I’ll try my hardest not to but “shit happens” I’m quite sure I’ll run out of talent at some point hence picking something with cheap panels!

—————–

Today End!

Some things are just not meant to be…. scored a NoS bootlid garnish to replace my broken one, had to paint it as it was Red, 3 failed attempts with the Paint crazing each time I managed to sort out a solution, bolt the thing on and of course it cracks a corner off… ARGGHH this has to be THE most Brittle plastic known to man… it Left a Black corner where the captive stud is that holds the taillights in (both were MIA on my original) So I painted it to match, not perfect but not as noticeable.. Rear Loom is just about ready to be spliced into the Lexcen Loom.

Profile photo of

Today End!

Bit of a mixed bag… Sorted out the Brake Pedal wiring using the existing VR switch and a couple of relays to handle the Cruise Control Signals, Chopped up the Window looms and installed my new switches… that’s where it turned to crap, I assumed the “smarts” were out at the Motors but the VR being mainly analogue has it built into the switches so no go…

Back pedal time and rewire the Stock switches and find somewhere for them to live.. Made a start laying out Modules and possible mountings for them then had a dig around to see if I could find my old VZ remotes that go with the BCM I’m using, sometime later I found them where I’d carefully put them.. DOH, big surprise after sitting 5 years they both still work!

VRSenator065
    Participant
    • Adelaide SA

• View build HERE
    Supporter

I can tell your hearts not in this phase, really isn’t a lot to get enthusiastic about with wiring though imho.  Edging closer though mate…

Profile photo of

I can tell your hearts not in this phase, really isn’t a lot to get enthusiastic about with wiring though imho. Edging closer though mate…

LOL guilty as charged… I much prefer to “make” things and not just connect wire a to pin 32….

It’s a bit of a challenge blending the Old/New tech to get as much working as I can and yeah almost there, once I nail down the Wiring I can refit the Cage and Interior and Corner weight it so I can calculate the correct spring rates and get that sorted.

Then it’s just a matter of linking the ECU and BCM dump a known good configuration into it and fire it up..

Profile photo of vs manta 218
    vs manta 218
    Participant
    Supporter

Build is coming along really well

I read back there you don’t have indicators ??

Not sure what you have done/changed and played with for that regarding  the hazard light switch but I know with the a/c , hazard and rear demister switches near the middle/top air vents the hazards plug is same as one of the others 2 and if this is reversed the indicators will not work

I have been stung with this and was the reason my indicators didnt work once before

took me a while to finger it out

Profile photo of

Using a full VZ Main body loom in this, been stung before with forgetting to plug the Hazard switch in and was the first thing I checked  :XD:

Will double check it tomorrow to make sure there wasn’t a second plug the same but think VZ only has the one that fits, thanks for the heads up.

Viewing 20 posts - 521 through 540 (of 2,649 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.