This topic has been reported for inappropriate content

This topic contains 2,648 replies, has 43 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of  Anonymous 4 years, 6 months ago.

Viewing 20 posts - 381 through 400 (of 2,649 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Mistikal
    Mistikal
    Participant

I’m hoping to have 3 pairs of springs to cover offroad and tarmac events doing the mixNmatch thing..

Crikey, you don’t do things by halves!

Profile photo of
    Anonymous Member since: January 1, 1970

I’m hoping to have 3 pairs of springs to cover offroad and tarmac events doing the mixNmatch thing..

Crikey, you don’t do things by halves!

LOL I try not to, the “plan” is to have a pair of say 400Lbs, 450Lbs and 500Lbs then for offroad use the 400’s in the rear, 450’s in the front, for tarmac swap the 450’s into the back and use the 500’s in the front, all depends on the rate calculations though…

I’d already put the plan into effect without having accurate rates and underestimated how much droop I’d need so the springs I chose are way too long… DOH..

Profile photo of VRSenator065
    VRSenator065
    Participant
    • Adelaide SA
    • VR Senator LSx454 1960 Kombi (project) 1921 Nash Hot Rod (future project)

• View build HERE
    Supporter

Uhhggg, looks like another few hours of reading to catch up on this, been seeing the odd post on fb, but looking forward to following what you have been up too over the last few weeks :good:

Profile photo of

Uhhggg, looks like another few hours of reading to catch up on this, been seeing the odd post on fb, but looking forward to following what you have been up too over the last few weeks

Thanks Gary and welcome back!

Profile photo of

Today!

Got a bit bored so went down to the Shed to “fiddle” I bought a box of blanking grommets to seal up the rear firewall, front brake pipes and wheelspeed sensor wiring, wbo2 wiring and trimmed up the Intake Pipe so the filter will point away from the ECU a bit more!

Last pic is “If you see this view RUN I can’t stop”

VRSenator065
    Participant
    • Adelaide SA

• View build HERE
    Supporter

Please tell me you are fitting some sort of passenger seat for crazeys to go for a ride with you.  And dibs first one if you do!! Just a piece or art mate, can not wait to see it actually turn a wheel (or 4 ) in anger and see how it performs,  great build and thanks again for sharing.  As someone said above there is a lot of knowledge and information in this build (and your head) and its great your sharing it.

Profile photo of

Please tell me you are fitting some sort of passenger seat for crazeys to go for a ride with you. And dibs first one if you do!! Just a piece or art mate, can not wait to see it actually turn a wheel (or 4 ) in anger and see how it performs, great build and thanks again for sharing. As someone said above there is a lot of knowledge and information in this build (and your head) and its great your sharing it.

For anyone silly enough :XD:

VRSenator065
    Participant
    • Adelaide SA

• View build HERE
    Supporter

:yahoo: :yahoo:   :yahoo:   :yahoo:

Profile photo of

LOL swap ya a ride :XD:

VRSenator065
    Participant
    • Adelaide SA

• View build HERE
    Supporter

Well sounds like we have a deal :good:

Profile photo of

Well sounds like we have a deal

Cool we’ll sort something when I come over for Colingrove, not sure if they allow passengers if not we’ll trailer it out to a “Private Road” and go for a squirt :XD:

Profile photo of

Today End!

All of my parts haven’t arrived yet so no use doing 2x trips, figured I’d address a couple of issues with my Trailer, last December I swapped the Drums/Hubs to Commodore Stud pattern to make life easier, also fitted the big 1/2″ Ford studs instead of the weenie Holden ones supplied, when I did this job a Mate had my Shed full of his crap so I had to work outside in the dirt, this contributed to a falling out so him and all his crap are gone..

At the time I didn’t get to adjust the Brakes and haven’t had to use it since so no biggie, with the Lexcen getting closer to complete I’ll need it again, another issue was the BreakAway Box had taken a dump and stopped working (If you lose the Trailer it applies the Brakes and hopefully stops it killing other road users) I’d bought a new one but for the above reasons hadn’t fitted it…

All done!

Profile photo of

Today!

Had to go get Milk so picked up the 2 parcels that were there, still no sign of my Filter…

The VZ Radiator Tank is a bit of a bad fit in the VR as the Aprons are different heights.. DOH, the solution was to cut the neck off the VR Washer bottle and mod it to take the VZ neck then mod the hoses and it’s all good and bolts in like stock!

I can keep the VZ Tank just in case I hit a Roo up here, have a complete front as “Spares” just in case…

VRSenator065
    Participant
    • Adelaide SA

• View build HERE
    Supporter

Nice work, trailers a nice bit of kit by the looks too

Profile photo of

Nice work, trailers a nice bit of kit by the looks too

LOL it’s a bit “Solid” had it built when I moved here so I could transport all the machines, probably over specced it a bit… Tows like a dream though and now I have the old Cross6 wheels and tyres on it it’s smooth as!

VRSenator065
    Participant
    • Adelaide SA

• View build HERE
    Supporter

Not sure you can really over engineer a car trailer.  A bit envious, if I had enough space its something i would have, along with a tow car, probably an older Commie ute of some description.

Profile photo of

Not sure you can really over engineer a car trailer. A bit envious, if I had enough space its something i would have, along with a tow car, probably an older Commie ute of some description.

Always handy to have, When I pulled the Blower engine out of the Tonner I still had my Adventra that I’d been using as the Tow car, didn’t make a lot of sense having the two and as the Tonner was the better car it’s become the dedicated Daily/Tow vehicle..

Built a tough Trans for it and dropped a HSV 5.7L in running on all the 6.0L E38 electronics, hasn’t missed a beat, really need to get off my arse and tune it one day … :XD:

VRSenator065
    Participant
    • Adelaide SA

• View build HERE
    Supporter

Envy (again) I have a nice (small) lathe, eventually want a nice compact drill mill to go with it too.  Once I get the Senator 100% sorted, and start to get stuck into the Kombi I think it may be on the shopping list :)

Profile photo of

Envy (again) I have a nice (small) lathe, eventually want a nice compact drill mill to go with it too. Once I get the Senator 100% sorted, and start to get stuck into the Kombi I think it may be on the shopping list :)

LOL I have one of those as well :XD:

Profile photo of

Today End!

The Hybrid Coolant recovery tank..

Viewing 20 posts - 381 through 400 (of 2,649 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.