This topic contains 297 replies, has 36 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Surfwagon Surfwagon 7 years ago.

Viewing 20 posts - 181 through 200 (of 298 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of
    Anonymous Member since: January 1, 1970

Don’t like the walkys from the wrong angle they look strange. From side on they look great but anything else they look a bit wonky. Will post some pics when it’s all back together.

Profile photo of

So shit got real. Blower on its way.

Profile photo of cava454
    cava454
    Supporter

Go on….

Profile photo of GMTANK
    GMTANK
    Participant

You going Blower or building a new engine from TK, I remember you mentioned on Facebook that the engine breathes heavily ?

I seen this car at last years winter warm ups, the car is mint but your definitely been told fibs saying it made 390rwhp. The motor sounds like a tame hyd roller street motor, not knocking on the door of 300rwkw.

Won’t make 600hp with a hyd roller, will need to go mech roller and the maintenance to go with that is something to keep in mind. Spring pressures in my engine are 280 seat / 700 nose using the best springs money can buy(Isky ToolRoom) and after a few thousand KM I’ve just had to replace mine as they were all down 40-60lb and threw a new set of roller lifters while there. If you dont mind the maintenance costs 600hp on pump fuel is perfectly achievable and very street-able, mine drives fine.

All the best in the search for power.

Profile photo of

I was going to build a new engine but then a blower setup (with literally everything including fuel system) was offered to me at a price I couldn’t say no to. As such I decided to go that route instead.

It does breath quite heavily when I belt it, but the can is small so even when it fills it isn’t “a lot” of oil. So I’m just not really worried about it.

100% never made that power in this configuration. I gave TK the cam specs and he said straight away that the cam is small in a 355 and a real baby in a 383 so 230rwkw is fine and dandy for such a baby hydraulic roller.

It’ll cop 10psi and we’ll see how it goes. It’ll be a non intercooled setup to begin with. On 10psi I’m hoping for north of 450rwhp which I think is low expectations?

Profile photo of vs manta 218
    vs manta 218
    Participant
    Supporter

Are you goin to run water meth

I think your right on the money with the hp figger

Profile photo of GMTANK
    GMTANK
    Participant

Sweet mate, 10psi should definitely see 450rwhp – is current CR suitable for boost?.
    Good stuff

Profile photo of

Only 10.5:1 so 10psi shouldn’t be an issue. I have a water/meth injection setup also.

Profile photo of

Front end all back together. Turned out the cracks in the paint were actually the bar being fucked with bog underneath and cracked glass :scratch: I don’t know why people don’t do things properly. In any case it’s all repaired properly now and repainted beautifully. Also pulled my lights apart and cleaned and polished the lenses.

All the inside was covered in dynamat whilst the trim was being done. Looks incredible Gary’s motor trimming did a sensational job.

I also restored the steering wheel. The interior is absolutely beautiful now :)

Profile photo of Dan811
    Dan811
    Participant
    Supporter

wow, that interior is to die for!!

Trimmers did an awesome job there, it looks immaculate

Profile photo of

Thanks mate very happy. See how we go at the HSV show in September.

Profile photo of Kroozer
    Kroozer
    Participant
    Supporter

Is that back seat all factory styling or have you added a few touches to it? Looks schmick!

And beats Blake for best VN in Australia! I’m calling it now hahaha  B-)

Profile photo of

It’s absolutely factory just completed re-padded etc it even has brand new factory piping! Only difference is that I had them trim it without the pleats in the leather. The only place I kept the pleats was in the door cards.

I don’t think it’s close to the best VN in Australia but I think it’s getting close to the best SV5000 :)

Profile photo of Narva*2010
    Narva*2010
    Participant
    Supporter

<span style=”color: #555555; font-family: Oxygen, Arial, sans-serif; font-size: 12px; line-height: 20px; -webkit-text-size-adjust: 100%; background-color: #fbfbfb;”>I don’t think it’s close to the best VN in Australia but I think it’s getting close to the best SV5000 :)</span>

Still one of my favourite Commodores on the scene at the moment.

Profile photo of sands vs
    sands vs
    Participant

Really coming together well mate. I was so tempted to buy this thing myself.

Profile photo of

Its a top car. Needed a few little things and some work on the paint but the foundations were there!

Profile photo of VRSenator065
    VRSenator065
    Participant
    • Adelaide SA
    • VR Senator LSx454 1960 Kombi (project) 1921 Nash Hot Rod (future project)

• View build HERE
    Supporter

Very tastefully modified too, very very nice.  Not sure the comparison with Blakes is fair though!  It’s like comparing apples with oranges :unsure:

Profile photo of

Yep completely difference cars. Will be ace when/if he ever finishes it. Two blown strokers cruising together :)

His is purposeful i.e. be an angry mofo with dedicated racecar bits and not as much focus on detail whereas mine is a detailed focus build/resto with performance being secondary I am also trying to stay very factory orientated throughout. Blakes will make close to 1000rwhp. Mine will never be that angry, eventually will end up around 600rwhp I’d say when I go cooler and freshen the engine. I will also never cut mine up for tubs and cage like Blakes car has for obvious reasons.

Profile photo of VRSenator065
    VRSenator065
    Participant
    • Adelaide SA
    • VR Senator LSx454 1960 Kombi (project) 1921 Nash Hot Rod (future project)

• View build HERE
    Supporter

Agreed, two very different (both great though) cars.  I actually would love to get him to move his build over here, I contacted him a little while back to see how he is going, I think he is waiting on the motor.

Profile photo of

He doesn’t frequent forums that much anymore and to be honest there isn’t any updates because nothing has been happening. We moved it to my uncles place a couple of months back and its sitting there waiting for the motor. Should all be done later this year I think.

Viewing 20 posts - 181 through 200 (of 298 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.