HomeForumsTechnical – GeneralCar Audio & ElectricsSelling Autometer Gauges

This topic contains 8 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of exec24 exec24 7 years, 7 months ago.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of exec24
    exec24
    Participant
    Supporter

Well as some of you’s will know i had a set of practically new Autometer Nexus gauges that were not reading correct when i was starting the engine, i have since replaced them with some sports comp ones which are all working fine and will be staying in the car but now im just trying to work out what to do to the Nexus series gauges that were in it

i bought them 5 years ago, and up until mid last year they were still in there boxes, so there long out of any warranty, i dont really want to spend any cash on getting them tested,

the gauges were wired to accessories not ignition, which may or may not of been part of the problem, as they run through a control module, i noticed this while removing them from the car. The sendors plug into a existing prewired harness which the run between each sendor and the controller then the gauges all plug into the controller in a series. i have all parts that i bought them with

since they were not a very cheap gauge they cost me $1080, when i bought them for the 3 gauges and also the control module which the Nexus series run through

now i would try to recoup some of the $1080, and cant sell them as a working product so i was just going to list them on ebay under parts/not working, just not sure how much to start them at……..? any opinions

• This topic was modified 7 years, 11 months ago by Profile photo of exec24 exec24.
    Profile photo of cava454
    cava454
    Supporter

Have you spoken to auto meter?

Profile photo of VRSenator065
    VRSenator065
    Participant
    • Adelaide SA
    • VR Senator LSx454 1960 Kombi (project) 1921 Nash Hot Rod (future project)

• View build HERE
    Supporter

Does sound like one where you might need to do something to verify them, otherwise cant really see too many people paying you much to essentially take a punt?

Profile photo of exec24
    exec24
    Participant
    Supporter

Have you spoken to auto meter?

No, not yet didnt really think there much point, might send them an email just to see what they say.

Does sound like one where you might need to do something to verify them, otherwise cant really see too many people paying you much to essentially take a punt?

yeah, i know thats the chance but if i start them off at $100, someone might

i just dont want to spend hundreds, on getting them repaired, just to get $200 back

Profile photo of Slow355
    Slow355
    Participant

Pics?

munch munch ls1s for lunch
    Best 1/4 mile 13.1@105mph 60ft-1.8sec Reaction time .8 sec 0/100-4.8sec

Profile photo of exec24
    exec24
    Participant
    Supporter

I’ve emailed Autometer see if i get a reply.

Profile photo of cava454
    cava454
    Supporter

It’s a real tuff one mate.

I remember when one of my gauges didn’t work. I brought it a while ago, I had to buy the same again from autobarn, paid heaps more. Then took the old faulty gauge back and got a store credit.

Profile photo of exec24
    exec24
    Participant
    Supporter

Yeah, it’s a pain but the money’s spent, still needed to buy the second set to finish the car off, but what’s done is done

see if or what they say if they reply

Nice to have the car done just been cleaning out the shed of all the spare stuff that is no longer required, gauges have been sitting in the house as I didn’t know what to do

• This reply was modified 7 years, 11 months ago by Profile photo of exec24 exec24.
    • This reply was modified 7 years, 11 months ago by Profile photo of exec24 exec24.
    Profile photo of exec24
    exec24
    Participant
    Supporter

thought id update this,

Finally got the gauges tested, got told they they are all working correctly

so has me a bit stumped 95% of the setup is prewired, only had to wire in battery and ground

anyway i’ll be putting them up on the forums and ebay too and try and recoup some money

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.