HomeForumsTechnical – GeneralGeneral How Tos"safe" line locker cct.

This topic contains 8 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of VRSenator065 VRSenator065 9 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of ajvx01
    ajvx01
    Participant
    Supporter

Ok so this is clearly not for street use or cars;) but its apparently engineerable (is that a word?) in some states.

It is a line locker system that uses three relays and is based in machinery I wire ip for clients. It means it:

A) has a warning indicator to tell you you have no rear brakes.

B) disables when the car is turned off, so you don’t hop in and forget last time it was driven was on a skid pan and the locker was activated etc.

C) basically just can’t be accidentally turned on so its a damn lot safer than a dodgy missile switch (often hidden) you forgot you had turned on.

Some may like it, some may not care etc. Its just my 2c to the forum information pool!

• This topic was modified 9 years, 2 months ago by Profile photo of ajvx01 ajvx01.
    Profile photo of ajvx01
    ajvx01
    Participant
    Supporter

• This reply was modified 9 years, 2 months ago by Profile photo of ajvx01 ajvx01.
    Profile photo of cava454
    cava454
    Supporter

It’s pretty simple to just flick it on when u need it and turn it off once ur done.

Sounds too too complicated what u have described.

Profile photo of ajvx01
    ajvx01
    Participant
    Supporter

Easy if your electrically minded. I only put it up as I had a few ask.. The main advantage is like I said it has enough stupid fail safes so an engineer can sign off on it. Or so I was told.

Profile photo of cava454
    cava454
    Supporter

Be very surprised if it could get signed off. As you have to cut and shut brake lines to install it.

Profile photo of VRSenator065
    VRSenator065
    Participant
    • Adelaide SA
    • VR Senator LSx454 1960 Kombi (project) 1921 Nash Hot Rod (future project)

• View build HERE
    Supporter

I think it’s VERY engineer dependant. My engineer for example didn’t even want to look at the brake lines I had made, his theory was more that it had to pass all the dynamic testing, if it did that I obvioulsy did a good job of the lines. Line locks might be a bit like brake bias adjusters, and Varex exhausts. As long as it can’t be reached/adjusted by the driver whilst driving the car they are OK. Again though dependant on the engineer!

Profile photo of ajvx01
    ajvx01
    Participant
    Supporter

Be very surprised if it could get signed off. As you have to cut and shut brake lines to install it.

Not true, mount it near the diff where there is a factory join, use correct flex brake line and fitting and you never cut anything, you only undo and redo fittings that are adr approved.

As for engineering I got the idea from a mate in wa who had his engineer say this was the only way he’d sign off. Engineering in general it seems is very subjective?

I only like it because it’s idiot proof:p

Profile photo of SSZ 666
    SSZ 666
    Participant

SA Gov site doesnt mention anything about a line lock install, spose you could argue it if its got fail safes

for the money, for the glory.... and for the fun !! Mostly for the money

Profile photo of VRSenator065
    VRSenator065
    Participant
    • Adelaide SA
    • VR Senator LSx454 1960 Kombi (project) 1921 Nash Hot Rod (future project)

• View build HERE
    Supporter

Engineering is very subjective.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.