HomeForumsMembers’ Builds and RidesVB – VC – VH – VK – VL[OLD GMH] VB 173ci 4 Speed – Now V8 + Auto, FR18s, Detailed bay etc

This topic contains 33 replies, has 12 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of OLD GMH OLD GMH 8 years, 7 months ago.

Viewing 14 posts - 21 through 34 (of 34 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of OLD GMH
    OLD GMH
    Participant

I’ll keep an eye for it !

Come introduce yourself if I’m hanging around the car. Always happy to meet fellow enthusiasts.

Ok that sounds great, remember to keep us posted about the cruise. With the rear end, the 3.55:1 must be pretty lively compared to my 2.78:1. How do you think you will be going about taking it back to bare metal ? That’s probably 1st thing on my to do list. Again let me say it’s great to see how far you’ve come with this car and I hope you enjoy it for a long time to come.

Will do :) Yeah the 3.55:1 certainly got up and went, even for a stock tired 173 and 4 speed ha ha. Actually a good cruising ratio as it’s a good compromise. When the time comes to go back to bare metal, I will be taking the car to Greg at Stripped Bare in Naval base. You will pay a bit more than doing it yourself but the end result is a completely stripped base to start with and when you know what you’re working with right from the beginning of the process, body work becomes much easier. Cheers for the kind words, it’s been a long process but seeing it inspiring other people is definitely awesome to know.

Profile photo of VS 5.0
    VS 5.0
    Participant

Come introduce yourself if I’m hanging around the car. Always happy to meet fellow enthusiasts. 

No worries.

Profile photo of OLD GMH
    OLD GMH
    Participant

Alright so after a Sunday morning cruise yesterday, pulling into the shed and the front left shock dumped all its oil. Think it’s about time I buy a new pair of front shocks considering they are still the originals and I am running King SSL springs now. Obviously I will need to go for a short shock. What’s everyone going for these days in terms of brand? Monroe/KYB/Other???

Profile photo of Mistikal
    Mistikal
    Participant

Spotted this at the last Cars and Coffee event, very tidy! As for shocks, I’ve never had a drama with shortened KYBs, pretty sure Veales have ’em quite cheap.

Profile photo of Mistikal
    Mistikal
    Participant
    Profile photo of Kroozer
    Kroozer
    Participant
    Supporter

Go the Monroe’s :good:

Profile photo of OLD GMH
    OLD GMH
    Participant

Cheers guys, ordered some shortened Monroes. Will have to throw up a recent photo now that it’s back on the road. Here is one from the C&C on the 26th. Will put a better one up tomorrow.

Profile photo of VRSenator065
    VRSenator065
    Participant
    • Adelaide SA
    • VR Senator LSx454 1960 Kombi (project) 1921 Nash Hot Rod (future project)

• View build HERE
    Supporter

Holding its own there amongst great company mate, beautiful cruiser.

Profile photo of OLD GMH
    OLD GMH
    Participant

Cheers man!

Another photo. From yesterday’s Cars and Coffee. Love cruising this thing.

Profile photo of Drmonk
    Drmonk
    Participant

Love this car have followed the build on SC and now on this forum

Profile photo of OLD GMH
    OLD GMH
    Participant

Love this car have followed the build on SC and now on this forum

Thanks a lot man! It has been an absolute blast cruising it and getting to know it again. Got down to the first leg of Cruise for Charity over the weekend but pulled the plug early into the cruise down to the Motorplex due to tune related issues and limped it home. Been chasing down the perfect tune in preparation for Powercruise in a few weeks and have almost sorted it. Also thinking of doing a steel reverse cowl molded to my spare bonnet so I can fly under the radar a bit more on the street. Got a million and one little things to do but it’s all about finding the time… Although I try bring it out for every weekend and event that I can. Hopefully will be at the last Cars and Coffee for the year this Sunday coming, all depending on if I can sort the few issues I am having.

Profile photo of VRSenator065
    VRSenator065
    Participant
    • Adelaide SA
    • VR Senator LSx454 1960 Kombi (project) 1921 Nash Hot Rod (future project)

• View build HERE
    Supporter

Said it before mate, just a beautiful cruiser.  I think a reasonably low profile reverse cowl would finish it off nicely.  If you can score a separate bonnet so you swap back and forth even better.  :good:

Profile photo of Drmonk
    Drmonk
    Participant

must’ve misted you at cruise for charity, swear i walked round ,saw and took photos of all the old girls in the car park at joondalup before it started

Profile photo of OLD GMH
    OLD GMH
    Participant

Said it before mate, just a beautiful cruiser. I think a reasonably low profile reverse cowl would finish it off nicely. If you can score a separate bonnet so you swap back and forth even better.

Cheers mate it means a lot to hear positive comments after all the hard work that has gone into it. Already have a spare bonnet I scored from a wrecker a while ago so all that’s left is buying a lower profile filter and the cowl and finding the time to do it all. Swapping back and forth is exactly what I am looking for.

must’ve misted you at cruise for charity, swear i walked round ,saw and took photos of all the old girls in the car park at joondalup before it started

Yeah I wasn’t at Joondalup for all that long. Went to a pre-meet at KPP in Landsdale first and by the time we cruised up to ECU the line was long so it was stop start all the way in. Main car park ended up being full so had to go park in the overflow and I could already feel that the car wasn’t happy with the stop start (fouled plugs). Everyone at that stage was starting to leave so I paid my donation and pretty much left after a quick walk around. Cruised down the coast but pulled the pin before getting on the freeway and limped it home. Chucking a new fuel pump on tomorrow because I have been sus of the one I used ever since I built the motor and working with the primary jetting to try get the rich condition sorted. All things going to plan I will be at the last C&C for the year this Sunday. Set to be a big one so super keen for it.

Viewing 14 posts - 21 through 34 (of 34 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.