HomeForumsGeneralNew MembersNew member here

This topic contains 5 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of VRSenator065 VRSenator065 6 years, 6 months ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Joseph
    Joseph
    Participant

Hello all i glad to join the comunity.

I am currently in the build of a 355 stroker turbo vs caprice. Got most of the setup apart from fuel and the 355 is in the build but will go in at a later date when i fry the standard motor. I am putting it all in this long weekend cant wait.

Look forward to learning lots of you guys.

Regards joseph

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Profile photo of Renno
    Renno
    Participant

Welcome mate!

Profile photo of VRSenator065
    VRSenator065
    Participant
    • Adelaide SA
    • VR Senator LSx454 1960 Kombi (project) 1921 Nash Hot Rod (future project)

• View build HERE
    Supporter

Welcome Joseph, great to have you onboard, sounds like  nice project.  Look forward to you starting up a build thread so we can follow along.  Lots of love for the second gens on here!!

Profile photo of Joseph
    Joseph
    Participant

Thanks guys its all going in this weekend hopefully just have to organise what im doing fuel wise. I messaged you vrsenator065 about your tank for a few more details as that looks to be the best direction for me atm.

Profile photo of cava454
    cava454
    Supporter

WELCOME Joseph!!

Ill take a punt and say you were the guy I was speaking to on FB about the lift pump on Pro Holden v8 Page.

• This reply was modified 6 years, 6 months ago by Profile photo of cava454 cava454.
    Profile photo of VRSenator065
    VRSenator065
    Participant
    • Adelaide SA
    • VR Senator LSx454 1960 Kombi (project) 1921 Nash Hot Rod (future project)

• View build HERE
    Supporter

Hi mate, not sure the messaging is working properly just at present, and Georgie is a little busy to have a look at so I will stick it up here.  The guy to speak to is Jake Bain at Bain Racing, http://www.bainracing.com.au/

Its a magnificent piece of work, it means no plumbing or anything inside the boot at all, its approx 80L, and has an inbuilt 3L surge tank, as well as some smarts in the way of a pre-surge are, baffling etc.  Also all the pumps, filters etc mount to the front of it, so its all self contained.

I went for an unusual Weldon main pump, so my front set up is slightly different to guys running 044s etc.  Mine cost me $1,500, which by the time you add up the cost of a surge tank, all the fittings you need bla bla its honestly isn’t that much more than doing it all in the boot, and it leave room for a esky full of beer in there :good:

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.