This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of VRSenator065 VRSenator065 9 years ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of pir4te
    pir4te
    Participant
    Supporter

Just saying… I think the Forum Menu option should not be nested, makes the other have equal billing.

It would be better to focus on the forum and its sub-menu, everything else is ‘other’.

The sub menu option ‘General – Non-Car Related’ is a misnomer, really not helpful. It should be Main / Builds / Technical / Sales  :unsure:

Naturally as-pirated, all-motor.

Profile photo of VRSenator065
    VRSenator065
    Participant
    • Adelaide SA
    • VR Senator LSx454 1960 Kombi (project) 1921 Nash Hot Rod (future project)

• View build HERE
    Supporter

First up always interested in feed back, but not sure I am 100% following you but I may just be having a Friday morning brain fade :wacko:

I think the Forum Menu option should not be nested, makes the other have equal billing. It would be better to focus on the forum and its sub-menu, everything else is ‘other’. 

I am not sort of following this, what exactly do ya mean?

The sub menu option ‘General – Non-Car Related’ is a misnomer, really not helpful. It should be Main / Builds / Technical / Sales

So you think “General- Non Car Related” would be better changed to “Main”?

VRSenator065
    Participant
    • Adelaide SA

• View build HERE
    Supporter

Hows that?

Profile photo of pir4te
    pir4te
    Participant
    Supporter

That’s better. I was meaning the mobile layout where it all cascades under the one menu button, the main bit of the site – the forum – doesn’t expand as a matter of course.

So to many the nested sub menu under the most important thing is hidden, showing latest post, members, garage, sponsors, etc., not really obvious where the forum and more detail is.

Perhaps the nested options under Forum should cascade open with main menu.

Naturally as-pirated, all-motor.

VRSenator065
    Participant
    • Adelaide SA

• View build HERE
    Supporter

Yea its sometimes not so easy.  We have tried in these early days to cater for as many variations as possible.  I personally dont use the forum much on the mobile, but I thought if you did it was easier to use Tapatalk which we have?  (bear in mind I am not a Tapatalk user either)  It gets tough when you are trying to deal with a wide variety of operating systems, platforms, browsers etc, especially when we are just starting out and I have funded it out of my own pocket.  Each time you add new functionality or features it involves a new round of testing to make sure the change hasn’t had any unexpected consequences.

But for sure the intention is (and was) to continually improve and develop it over time.  The first goal was to get something useable, we did that with the (very much appreciated) help of a small group of ex SC volunteers.   I decided at a point to draw a line on functionality to get it live, so we could at least see if it would fly, tbh I had no idea if it would be accepted or not.  Thankfully it has been and once we got a nice group of members I decided it was time to do an update.  So about 2 weeks ago we did a nice small but important set of upgrades to add some nice features.  To me anyway and the feed back we have had says it nicer to use now.

So I am very appreciative of any suggestions and feed back, and please dont think I am not listening, but I am trying to grow and build it in a  coordinated way :good:

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.